General Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Arex123

HSC
i said the print, since it looped it will keep printing the due dates list even though the program is not sure if that was the last record.
I said it was because the flowchart doesn't sequence through the records, and that it never moves to next client ID --> infinite loop

Shazer2

HSC
But it had a loop... It had a decision that said "Last Record?" and if 'NO' then it went back up to the top again and repeated it...
Oh I took it that, when it went back to the top it read a new customer in.

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
I never learnt how to convert from binary to decimal for floating point, just the one way. Truth table/circuit was hard. I didn't get either marks there. I'd say I'll get 1-2 marks for the binary multiplication question, maybe 1 for the floating point and probably none for truth table/circuit. At least there wasn't flip flops.

15 I put C. {} represents 0 or more when you go back through A is before the defined B. 16 I put D.
for 15, C can't be right. The EBNF is {A <B>} but in the railroad diagram A is in the rectangle not B. B must be in the rectangle because it had <> in the EBNF.

Shazer2

HSC
for 15, C can't be right. The EBNF is {A <B>} but in the railroad diagram A is in the rectangle not B. B must be in the rectangle because it had <> in the EBNF.
Ah damn. :(

xer0

HSC
so D is definitely wrong? i guessed that
I think so, because the EBNF for D was A[{B} | {C}] but if you wanted to get ABBBBBB you couldn't, because if you wanted to get more than one B you would have to go past A again, therefore you'd get ABABAB.

What did you guys do for the Half-Adder questions. I just wrote "carry in" as an input and drew one more [HA] that did nothing lol. Hoping to scrape a mark for that question. I had no idea what to do for it.

HSC
Absolutely bombed out in the Interrelation of Hardware and Software.

It was my weakest point in SDD.....and the floating point/binary multiplication questions did not help me....together with the half-adder question....that's 10 marks gone right there and then

thank goodness the robot question was there for people like me....

hjed

HSC
I said it was because the flowchart doesn't sequence through the records, and that it never moves to next client ID --> infinite loop
It did sequence through the records that was what the "read" process did. It was a post-test loop, which meant it would only check the sentinel value after it had tried to process the invalid data. You needed to change it to a pre-test loop.

I assumed that dueDate was the date it was due, and payment due was a $ value. I think the flowchart also checked this incorrectly, but I can't remember.

Also everyone in there posts (including me) forgot to put the last method call (print records). I did put that in the exam though.

hjed

HSC
I think so, because the EBNF for D was A[{B} | {C}] but if you wanted to get ABBBBBB you couldn't, because if you wanted to get more than one B you would have to go past A again, therefore you'd get ABABAB.

What did you guys do for the Half-Adder questions. I just wrote "carry in" as an input and drew one more [HA] that did nothing lol. Hoping to scrape a mark for that question. I had no idea what to do for it.
You needed two more half adders to make a full adder from the carry out of the first adder and the second bits of each number. The first half adder didn't need to be a full adder, because there is no carry for the first bit.
The extra gate was an OR gate that was added to connect the two half adders into a full adder

hjed

HSC
i put that (think) but my subprocess for it im pretty sure was only possible in fairyland

how to do explain the subprocess "print"?
Was that the explain the specifications and assumptions question? I don't remember needing to write the print one, what was the question

xer0

HSC
It did sequence through the records that was what the "read" process did. It was a post-test loop, which meant it would only check the sentinel value after it had tried to process the invalid data. You needed to change it to a pre-test loop.

I assumed that dueDate was the date it was due, and payment due was a $ value. I think the flowchart also checked this incorrectly, but I can't remember.

Also everyone in there posts (including me) forgot to put the last method call (print records). I did put that in the exam though.
Oops. Edited my post. Yeah I had it in the exam too.
But that logic error question for the flowchart was hard. I didn't think about the post-test loop. I guess it would work fine if there is at least one record in the customer record.
I assumed that the "payment due" was a flag and "date due" was when the final date is to pay the payment. The question wasn't clear enough and didn't say the types of those variables in the record, that would have helped.
I assumed that it was a flag because in the flowchart it said "is payment overdue" so I thought it was a bool.

For the logic error I said that the flowchart checked if the payment was due but did not check the date for which it had to be payed by or something like that. Most of the questions were like this or even more ambiguous.

Way too many scenarios.

What implementation method did you guys do for the law/court scenario? I put pilot at first but after I finished the test and was reading over it I saw that parallel would be more suitable.

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
OMG MY ATAR IS GONE
lol
did anyone else bs how programmers use computer networks to aid their development? :p

Baldy-95

HSC
I picked parallel as well, was originally thinking pilot.

For the computer networks to aid their development I go stumped for a bit. Had to hardcore bullshit that one. Wrote they could get direction from the networks and feedback from lending out shareware copies, definitely some bullshit haha.

xer0

HSC
OMG MY ATAR IS GONE
lol
did anyone else bs how programmers use computer networks to aid their development? :p
HAHAHA wtf was that
I just talked about possible collaboration from home or collaboration with developers overseas etc
Sharing files and work documents over the network
Maintaining the software remotely or some bs

xer0

HSC
anyone find the structure chart hard? what were we supposed to draw (and what was the answer to locating the error)?
yeah that was hard. I just had it pointing to a rectangle "Check Weight" and that linked to "Calculate Fees" and that had a little decision diamond that either went back to the main weight module with a flag "no fees" or went back up to it's parent module passing on data of "fees". I was stumped for this one. I wrote anything to at least get a mark.

HSC
seriously now that i think about, i think 80% of my algorithms are useless irrelevant garbage.farkkkkkkk
If you think you did bad, I'm telling you I did 0% in algorithms.

I don't touch algorithms.

Don't go near them...

xer0

HSC
If you think you did bad, I'm telling you I did 0% in algorithms.

I don't touch algorithms.

Don't go near them...
That's nothing to be proud of.. Why didn't you at least attempt them? they're pretty lenient with algorithms.

And there was no one big algorithm like past papers. There were a lot of really small ones.

What did everyone write for the algorithm to fill in an array of 52 elements.
I just did
Code:
FOR i = 1 TO i = 52 STEP 1
  num(i) = i
NEXT i
That's filling it in I guess.. What'd you guys write?

And what about for the question under it? with the -1 and newnum array. I just said that it's copying the num array to the newnum array and overwriting the element in the num array with a -1 to indicate that it has already been copied.

HSC
I just did
Code:
  num(i) = i
NEXT i
This is exactly why I don't go near them.

I can't do shit.

I wrote for that:

BEGIN
Load array num(1...52)
END​

LOL @ Me.....

hjed

HSC
the flowchart one, cause there were 2 subroutines in it (add to list + print list/records)
You only needed to do the one in the flowchart, you could just call the subroutines.

That's nothing to be proud of.. Why didn't you at least attempt them? they're pretty lenient with algorithms.

And there was no one big algorithm like past papers. There were a lot of really small ones.

I just did
Code:
  num(i) = i
NEXT i

And what about for the question under it? with the -1 and newnum array. I just said that it's copying the num array to the newnum array and overwriting the element in the num array with a -1 to indicate that it has already been copied.
That's what I did for the algorithm

The second part it was putting them in in a random order, but each element would only be copied once (basically an anti-sort). What you said is mostly right though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)