General Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
what was the problem with steps 2 and 3 guys?
Meniscus was not up to the gradation mark and 2, I think she washed it with normal water instead of distilled, and without the standard solution...

leesh95

HSC
^ but it wouldnt matter if the concentration of the solution in the conical flask changes since the number of moles stays constant.

Nevertheless im quite sure that this is wrong.
NVM I was thinking something else..
Although the other answer still sounds wrong

darkness70

HSC
A lot of people said the specific heat capacity is 2.18 or something, are you sure you're correct?
nah but i wrote (assume that he put the final temperature was when measurements stopped, which was at 40 degrees celsius). Not sure if that's what you're supposed to do. I know some used the 50

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
nah but i wrote (assume that he put the final temperature was when measurements stopped, which was at 40 degrees celsius). Not sure if that's what you're supposed to do. I know some used the 50
Oh okay that should be 1 mark off then

superSAIyan2

HSC
NVM I was thinking something else..
Although the other answer still sounds wrong
i asked my tutor (he state ranked chem and does chem in uni) and he said that you allow the liquid in the pipette to drain by holding it in contact with the inside wall of the conical flask for about 10secs. So our answer should be correct.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
i asked my tutor (he state ranked chem and does chem in uni) and he said that you allow the liquid in the pipette to drain by holding it in contact with the inside wall of the conical flask for about 10secs. So our answer should be correct.
That's what i wrote.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
YES!

I wrote that, and said let gravity do it's thing as well

Web Addict

HSC
For the specific heat of capacity question, was delta T supposed to be 20 K or 30 K? This question has been bugging me for a while.

KoshX87

HSC
I used 30, but i can't remember. I'm pretty sure you discard the values after it reached max temperature, because otherwise the value would be weird, You would have 2 points on the graph where that much energy is released, and i think there should only be one

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
lol food perservative, not flavouring. That's a different use.
lol but it asked why is it used as a food preservative. It's used as a food preservative because not only does it inhibit bacterial growth but it has an additional feature which is enhancing flavour.

darkness70

HSC
I'm not sure about that, I feel as if you can include it.
I think you're supposed to write how acids reduce the living pH conditions of bacteria and therefore bacteria can't thrive. This increases shelf lives of food. That's what I wrote.

And PS: yeah you're right realize, its 30, cos the graph going down just indicates that the temperature isn't increasing anymore. Argh hopefully I only get deducted one mark :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)