General Transfering Q (1 Viewer)

HSC
rare that you would need a high distinction average - not that many students get HD averages in first year! the average will depend on the course you want to transfer into and your UAI - so if you did badly in the HSC, a HD average will fantastically help your chances of getting a transfer into any uni. But generally, credits are what are needed, but it depends on the course. For example, Law is about 95+UAI and D average - i cant tell you whats needed for other courses. Again, its all demand and supply, and unfortunately, you can't really tell, cos unis rarely give out the NRSL figures - but generally I'd say a Credit/Distinction average will get you into most courses, with a decent UAI.

tachiapple

Queen
HSC
how about design?

say industrial design at either uts or unsw? what are the requirements?

and wats a decent uai? 70's? 80's?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Requirements vary. We can't tell you. In fact many unis don't tell you.
The non-recent-school-leaver cutoffs are generally lower than the uai cutoffs.
Different unis also have different transfer policies.
UTS has part of their transfer points allocated to a questionnaire.
Usyd; UNSW is 50% uai 50% gpa.
It is best to do a course that allows you to do the same subjects as the degree you're transferring to.

tachiapple

Queen
HSC
didnt want to revive old threats..but wanted to say

i got it!

i got industrial design at uts :D

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Well MY UAI was really bad (see the bottom).....but i did get an offer from La Trobe to do B Arts...but i really wanted to get into Canberra Uni B Communications (Creative Arts)....anyway im going to defer cos i have no money.

But i just wanna know that, would it be possible to transfer from B Arts (major; drama & theatre Studies) to the Creative Writing course, or would i have to try & transfer to CU's B Arts???

stazi

Nightman
HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Well MY UAI was really bad (see the bottom).....but i did get an offer from La Trobe to do B Arts...but i really wanted to get into Canberra Uni B Communications (Creative Arts)....anyway im going to defer cos i have no money.

But i just wanna know that, would it be possible to transfer from B Arts (major; drama & theatre Studies) to the Creative Writing course, or would i have to try & transfer to CU's B Arts???
yes it is.

nookie

HSC
i got into fine arts/uws but i want to get into fine arts/unsw. if i do really good, will i be successful in transferring cos they're both the same title and some same subjects?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nookie said:
i got into fine arts/uws but i want to get into fine arts/unsw. if i do really good, will i be successful in transferring cos they're both the same title and some same subjects?
1) 'if I do really well', not 'really good'
2) You will be successful in transfering if your NRSL index is above that of UNSW's program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)