General Uni questions..Focus on Forensic course (1 Viewer)

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Hey Everyone,

I just got a few questions im hoping someone can answer...

1) If anyoen has had to choose between the forensic courses at UTS... Bachelor of science in apllied chemistry - forensic science OR
Bachelor of science in biomedical science in forensic biology...can you please list the advantages and disadvantages of both

2) What type of things would i need to take to uni on the first week or so

3) would it be appropriate to use a voice recorder in lectures or could i just write main points?

4) are there many jobs opportunities available in the uts region?

5) what are some good clubs to join at uts? or what are some good things to do there apart from our studies

6) Is bringing a laptop worth it? Would it be an advantage to have one in between classes so i can do assignments/research etc especially if all the computers are taken

Thankyou for looking and replying

K

katie_tully

make sure you're allowed to tape the lecture though, i think there have been instances where students were probhibited from voice recording a lecture. not sue why.

michellemcd

HSC
hey im also thinking of b forensic bio and biomed science, its my first preference but im really not sure what i want to do, would i be better off going for a more general bachelor of science degree, and if so, would i be better off applying for USYD because of its better reputation/prestige??
I went to the open days today, and both people i talked to were kind of talking me out of forensics, is there anyone who has done the course at uts and can talk me back into it again, it sounds so interesting but are there job prospects when we're finished?

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Hey guys was also wondering if anyone who is thinking of doing a forensic course could you reply if possible so we could see numbers going in, cause i know that spots are veryyyyyyyy limited in forensics esoecially in uts so yeh....thanks

michellemcd

HSC
oh right so maybe i wont even get in- i got 85.25 but qualify for 5 extra points, so 90.25 i supose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)