• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Omium said:
You're now officially a BOS freak :)
hey man, i think you mentioned the other day you cant enrol in a course in which you didnt do the prerequisite didnt you?

im trying to enrol in a 2nd year course, but didnt do the prerequisite even though i did the acceptable alternative

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Forbidden. said:
hey man, i think you mentioned the other day you cant enrol in a course in which you didnt do the prerequisite didnt you?

im trying to enrol in a 2nd year course, but didnt do the prerequisite even though i did the acceptable alternative
You should talk to the person in charge of the course, They'll just manually enrol you

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

Just handed in my application to transfer degree programs so I will be "officially" enrolled in Science/Arts. Let's see if the Science Student Centre manages to not fuck it up this year!

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Dumsum, can you do advanced science with that? Or do you have to do an ordinary science degree?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Iruka said:
Dumsum, can you do advanced science with that? Or do you have to do an ordinary science degree?
There's Advanced Science / Arts, program 3931, but I'm transferring to 3933 which is Advanced Maths / Arts (which is pretty much exactly the same thing given my major in Pure; and it's still BSc).

UNSW Handbook Program - Advanced Mathematics/Arts - 3933

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Dumsum said:
There's Advanced Science / Arts, program 3931, but I'm transferring to 3933 which is Advanced Maths / Arts (which is pretty much exactly the same thing given my major in Pure; and it's still BSc).

UNSW Handbook Program - Advanced Mathematics/Arts - 3933
If you did MATH2089 were any textbooks necessary and what prescribed material did you actually depend on?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A

shit we're gonna be up our necks soon with new students

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC

Forbidden. said:
If you did MATH2089 were any textbooks necessary and what prescribed material did you actually depend on?
Didn't do it mang

-Anfernee-

HSC

darkwolfzx said:
shit we're gonna be up our necks soon with new students

nah, there will also be heaps of people graduating, so that will definitely balance things out.

Last edited:

Iruka

HSC
N/A

Forbidden. said:
Any maths subject with a course code ending in 9 is a service subject (usually for the engineering faculty), which means that you need to be in a particular program to be enrolled in it.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

so the engineering student centre is my facenbook friend and replied back onto my wall regarding my degree transfer from engo to engo/arts.

transfers won't be confirmed until mid February. For students in good standing transfer approval is usually automatic, so you should just enrol in courses for your new program in S1 2009 if this is you. If you've got any concerns about which courses to choose or the approval process just pop by the Mech Eng school office, they'll be closed for the holidays but will reopen on 5th Jan.
i hope a telephone call will do. i aint travelling to uni and back just for an enquiry.

but....
is the transport bewteen unsw and central station in the morning in summer is as reliable as session 1 and 2?

-Anfernee- said:
nah, there will also be heaps of people graduating, so that will definitely balance things out.
I read one of your posts, such a m3n.

Laphonso-Ellis said:
Exphate

He often gets mistaken for a butch lesbian, but he's ok with that, in fact he embraces it.

When he finally gets around to finishing uni and starts teaching, he will be getting clowned on a daily basis by school kids and fellow teachers alike. This will be due to his name being " Mr Meaney" and his unfortunate, comical appearance which will leave many people at his school wondering if he is the new special education kid.

Typical lower middle class Irish guy, with no real future, loves Subway and other junk food and it clearly shows. Basically,a poor man's version of Brogan.

He's also good at maths, well atleast by his paltry standards.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Forbidden. said:
but....
is the transport bewteen unsw and central station in the morning in summer is as reliable as session 1 and 2?

I read one of your posts, such a m3n.
In the morning i.e. 8am-9am its very good

Any other time its absolutely crap.

The worst part is getting home though, the buses are crap and take forever.

Hey i just got facebook how do i add UNSW engineering?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

Omium said:
In the morning i.e. 8am-9am its very good

Any other time its absolutely crap.

The worst part is getting home though, the buses are crap and take forever.

Hey i just got facebook how do i add UNSW engineering?
forget it, ill make a phone call with the mech eng office then.

anyway,
the UNSW Engineering Student Centre goes on Facebook by the name of 'unsw esc', search for it and add!
Note, they aren't a group and appear as a profile.
You can also join other recreational or novelty UNSW Engineering groups just by using key words such as 'unsw engineering', simple really.

EDIT:

random rant.
lol im not one of those ppl who use macs.

Last edited:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: general UNSW chit-chat

random rant.
lol im not one of those ppl who use macs.

[/quote]

Fuck I hate Macs.... And all apple products for that matter....

Why can't we have a non-Apple computer store on campus... I don't like it when my choice of computer includes a machine whose name begins with Mac and ends with Arse, I mean Air....

And transport is shit and was much better in 2007 when an express bus didn't meant I had to walk all the way in front of that useless qualification factory across the street....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)