general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

shannonm

HSC
N/A
at least you're honest politik. whats your name so i can vote for you?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
§eraphim said:
If you have Wolgang for the second 1/2, it's not really his fault that the vector calculus stuff is dull. Wolfgang just skips a lot of steps in his proofs cz he's so damm smart. Wolgang also has the funny geek humour Physics t-shirts.
Nah we have William McLean. Although he is using last years notes.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Anyone else skip uni today? I'm in such a state of 'I-really-don't-give-a-shit-anymore' it's not funny.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
Anyone else skip uni today? I'm in such a state of 'I-really-don't-give-a-shit-anymore' it's not funny.
Yep. Im supposed to be 5 days a week, the last few weeks ive been taking all days but thursday off.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Lundy said:
I've skipped so many lecturers/tutorials this semester.
I'm usually really good at attendence even if I just go and sleep :p

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The university was damn well empty today. The train (I shan't go into specifics) is usually packed from Glenfield onward, but there were empty seats (like, whole seats) when we got to Central, it was like the whole city didn't bother to go to their normal places. I went to uni mainly because I wanted to take some photos, and because today was the last Piaget theory lecture, I thought it would be important (it wasn't).

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Fridays are always the least busy days at uni because faculties generally try not to schedule classes for fridays.

However I'm just so over uni. After 2 1/2 years I just want out. :(

I want to cry.

HSC
alan do you go to half of the MSP? i finish at like 2 if it wasnt for those classes and half the time i cant be bothered going

elfm

HSC
tuesdays and wednesday are the busiest days for uni. mondays and fridays are the least due to general avoidance of long weekends

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yeh that's what i heard. Uni was empty on fri. I went all the way to uni for 1.5 hours :( Bloody short bio labs.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
politik said:
*hug* I'm sure you'll graduate and be a success in whatever you want to be. I guess we all have to hit that University hurdle at one time or another. :)
That's the problem. I don't even think I want to do this when I leave because I can't help but feel as though I don't have either the talent or motivation enough to make it out there in the industry.

So I don't know what I want to do now. :(

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Lundy said:
That's the problem. I don't even think I want to do this when I leave because I can't help but feel as though I don't have either the talent or motivation enough to make it out there in the industry.

Quit and become a crack whore.

Seriously thogugh, once you start earning money to $pend, you will get addicted.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Lundy said:

I'm going through the exact same thing as you right now. Although im only 1.5 years through a 4 year degree (5 with honours). Im really trying hard to find a reason WHY i'm at uni, i just cant find anything. The only thing i can think of is that i'll be wasting my talents, since my talents are in the degree im doing, and my marks arent that bad either. But i really dont plan on ever getting a job in my degree area. I've got no clue :(

rand0m3r

HSC
acmilan said:
I'm going through the exact same thing as you right now. Although im only 1.5 years through a 4 year degree (5 with honours). Im really trying hard to find a reason WHY i'm at uni, i just cant find anything. The only thing i can think of is that i'll be wasting my talents, since my talents are in the degree im doing, and my marks arent that bad either. But i really dont plan on ever getting a job in my degree area. I've got no clue :(
judging from the PMs you send me, you sound like a bright chap. and do you know that google is recruiting heavily on the local front? a comp sci/maths guy with good programming/algorithms knowledge could well suit their needs. however, they are only after the cream of the cream (80+ WAM)...

but just like what most ppl have already said, motivation is really dwindling at this time of the session, especially when i've been to uni for 4 or 5 months straight. some of these core subjects are a real pain, and i know that they will be useless to me in industry. i guess you just gotta cop it.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
acmilan said:
banking :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
rand0m3r said:
judging from the PMs you send me, you sound like a bright chap. and do you know that google is recruiting heavily on the local front? a comp sci/maths guy with good programming/algorithms knowledge could well suit their needs. however, they are only after the cream of the cream (80+ WAM)...

but just like what most ppl have already said, motivation is really dwindling at this time of the session, especially when i've been to uni for 4 or 5 months straight. some of these core subjects are a real pain, and i know that they will be useless to me in industry. i guess you just gotta cop it.
Hah, i know i could get a job in my degree, i just really dont want to for some reason. I guess i didnt go to uni in hopes of finding a job. Also, i guess i really havent found the part of computing that really interests me. Im good a coding, but its just bleh, i dont like doing it.

HSC
ahhh it's almost the end of first session. just got an assignment and a test to knock off, then stuvac, then exams, then a month long break :)

the only shitty thing is that exams run right through the thick of the world cup :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)