Ak0ona-Matata

HSC
lol at the science welcome
one of the lecturers compared usyd and unsw
as white bread and whole meal bread! lmao
that's when i realised how awsome this uni was! :D

erm

HSC
Bloody hell that would've been an epic sight. They were custard IIRC.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Anyways i need opinions about my uni courses now.
This semester i will be doing mman2700 (thermodynamics), mman1300 (mechanics), and genc6001 (introduction to marketing), and i want to do another gen ed course to make it 4 courses for this semester (and so i can complete all 6 UoC of gen-eds for my 2nd year of uni).

I wanna do Aviation: Behind the Scenes, gens5001, but the class is full, so i emailed the aviation ppl and they said:

...but theres no changes so far, still 70/70, cannot enrol. (email was sent to me on 20th Feb, and i'll go talk to em about it in person tomorrow)

My parents are telling me to choose another course to do until that one gets a bigger class, so if they cant get a bigger class, i still have 4 courses for this semester. But the thing is, all the other gen-eds that run in this semester are either shit or i dont like.

Should i do a gen-ed course that is shit/i dont like, just so i can complete 6 UoC of gen-eds for my 2nd year, and spend $350 (however much gen-eds cost) on something i dont wanna do, OR should i just do another gen-ed in semester 2 (or summer sesh), a gen-ed that i actually want to do?
dont worry ppl, aviation decided to let this annoying bitch enrol into his course, probably just to shut him up.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
O-Week and Week 0.
Mechanics of Solids block test.
Roll for S1 2009 not out yet.
this is j...just full of solid faeces subject to excess pressure due to strained intestinal activity.

dont worry ppl, aviation decided to let this annoying bitch enrol into his course, probably just to shut him up.
So manual enrolment by the ladies at the office does the trick as usual I assume?

EDIT:
You won't be in MATH2019 this year?
It's kind of like MATH1231 without the Maple.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
nah, keep tryna enrol thru my.unsw, then one time it randomly put me in the class, now im in.

Mechanics of solids has a block test in week 0??

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I cannot believe it.

The gymnasium (danish word for college/selective school) that my cousin attends in denmark has an xbox360 and a wii, and they're having a tournament right now.

Do we have something like that? Or are we just stuck with daytona and ddr?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Science Student Centre said:
Dear Simon,

Your Internal Program Transfer request to transfer to Program 3933 has been approved and we have sent signed forms to Student Central.
Yay, about bloody time.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I was in the pie fight. It was pretty good but pies ran out so fast.

Someone has already put up a video: YouTube - UNSW O-Week Pie Fight
Ah the Physics Lawn, it always has good shit happening.

EDIT:

After first year I had accumulated over 400 e-mails in my student e-mail inbox.
So it's time to
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE

fucken 20MB limit...

Last edited:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
i managed to join the csesoc sysadmin team. Yay, I'm a happy chappy

erm

HSC
Is there any point in a first year (such as myself) joining something like the CSE Revue? Or will i get in the way/become a burden? (since i have no technical skills to add).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Ah the Physics Lawn, it always has good shit happening.

EDIT:

After first year I had accumulated over 400 e-mails in my student e-mail inbox.
So it's time to
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE

fucken 20MB limit...
Thats why its changing to zmail.

Sure its windows live integrated, but its got around 10 gigs of space (or a number of gigs at least).

I think we need to set up our zmail by end of this year, not sure, but info should be released some time during semester, i still got my info sheet that was given out at start of summer sesh, apparantly we were the first to try it out, but since my unimail forwards to my gmail, once unimail is discontinued and zmail starts, i'll still get it forwarded it to my gmail, so i dont really need to do anything.

Unimail ftl

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Is there any point in a first year (such as myself) joining something like the CSE Revue? Or will i get in the way/become a burden? (since i have no technical skills to add).
pros: you meet new friends, and you strengthen relationships with people you know. If you read the back of this weeks "the switch" theres a group of people who took part in last years revue who I know.

cons: depending on how deeply you get involved, your capacity to study can get hit. politik took time off a course to do revue, and made up for it by doing a summer course.

You don't need to be a pro, just join in and have fun. They'll usually figure out what you're good for.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
forward your email somewhere else until UNSW fixes it. fucking useless it services.
Hahaha I went to the IT service desk stall during oweek because I couldn't work out how to connect to uniwide with my iphone. Kept rejecting my username and password, which I told the guy.

His response was 'Should work.' and then he just stared at me so I walked off.

Turns out I just needed to reset my unipass.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Hahaha I went to the IT service desk stall during oweek because I couldn't work out how to connect to uniwide with my iphone. Kept rejecting my username and password, which I told the guy.

His response was 'Should work.' and then he just stared at me so I walked off.

Turns out I just needed to reset my unipass.
That was it? 0.o... So very helpful he was...
And how did you find out about the need to reset your unipass?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
twas the problem with uniwide, before you could get any device to work with it you had to change your unipass at least once.

Anyway. I'm back in college, sitting at spoons15, the tables seem a lot stickier and the mac keyboard has been so pounded that the keys feel floppy, no longer crisp. :(

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
anyone going to the essay writing skills restart workshop tomorrow from 10-12 at CLB6 apart from me?

edit: bitch, its full.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)