general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

karoooh

HSC
My internet is slow, so I have no patience for Google right now. Anyway, what can anyone tell me about withdrawing from a course after the census date and academic penalty? Do I need to go see a counsellor or somebody else to seek advice or get them to write me a letter to hand into the course co-ordinator?

And what, in hindsight, looks better on a transcript? A withdraw fail or a fail? Do they even come up differently on our transcript?

Vylen

HSC
My internet is slow, so I have no patience for Google right now. Anyway, what can anyone tell me about withdrawing from a course after the census date and academic penalty? Do I need to go see a counsellor or somebody else to seek advice or get them to write me a letter to hand into the course co-ordinator?

And what, in hindsight, looks better on a transcript? A withdraw fail or a fail? Do they even come up differently on our transcript?
Im not sure about what you mean about these counsellor stuff...

But they do come out different on your transcript.. F for well, normal fail... NF for discontinue without penalty and i think DF for discontinue with penalty (yea, odd gradings)...

so i would think a withdraw fail (before census date) would look better than any of the others on a transcript since you're not actually graded.... plus NF grades mean that the course does not count towards your WAM... if you fail a course it will count and drop your WAM considerably

edit
DF grades do count towards WAM (i'm not sure how though)

Last edited:

disko

Working Class Hero
HSC
does anyone know how long your unipass/uniwide will work for after your last semester?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
[maths]2(x-x_0)(y-y_0)=\frac{(ax+by+c)^2}{2ab}[/maths]

This IS the equation of a parabola. Can anyone with elite algebraic manipulation skillz please put it in a form that proves this?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Nevermind, I remembered the [maths](ax+by)^2+cx+dy+e=0[/maths] form of parabola, it's easy to put in that form. It's been too long.

Last edited:

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Sylvester's law of inertia. It's the same thing.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
yea saw u too :p

and ur friends with black jacket chick too!
...this just confused me. You do realise I am the 'black jacket girl', amiright?; or did you think I was talking about enthused? (because I wouldn't call her a 'nerdy looking chick').

(Bloody internet.)

wrong_turn said:
haha go omar =P

"the black jacket girl"
lol?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)