general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

ct92

HSC
maybe the extra stream closed due to not much demand for places in the course?
otherwise ask the faculty/course coordinator.
I checked again this morning, and both streams were full. I guess it just took a while to show up on the timetable site.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
law is shit
+1

please explain
Refer to said post - http://community.boredofstudies.org...9/general-unsw-chit-chat/388.html#post4988461

law is for faggots
I tell my gf this everyday. :hammer:

Why does a shit subject like law have such an awesome building?
The building is shite. So dull and uncomfortable, and looks like there's some blades stuck to the sides. I had law at electrical engineering once, awesome room, so bright and cheery, but no, they have to cancel the class after 1 week. :angry:

Go on. Pretty sure no such degree as Midwifery exists at UNSW so I'm assuming you're still doing law.
And last I heard, he was doing well in it too.

FlipX

HSC
Why does a shit subject like law have such an awesome building?
That building is major architectural fail.

The pretty colours and kooky angles disguise the fact that its design makes poor use of space and encourages crowd bottlenecks.

And wtf is up with that "oh look, we've got some money left in the budget - let's wipe our arses with it" escalator? -.-

+1

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
That building is major architectural fail.

The pretty colours and kooky angles disguise the fact that its design makes poor use of space and encourages crowd bottlenecks.

And wtf is up with that "oh look, we've got some money left in the budget - let's wipe our arses with it" escalator? -.-

+1
Silly architects.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I quite like the law building myself. Nice demotovational poster though.

Anyone doing GMAT1110 next semester and unable to eroll in a tutorial (i.e. none show up)?

HSC
asb: like the students that will graduate from there - dull, cold, sterile and the same thing over and over and over again
red centre: a mess on the outside, unfinished inside
quad: made for tall people, high ceilings
old main: fkasldjfla
morven brown: asbestos

whine whine whine

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I normally use the booths on level 4, right above the two computer labs.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Electrical Engineering Lifts scared the living daylights out of me the other day. Every time I have to go up 3 levels, I'll be walking instead. Lifts which require manual opening of doors? No TYVM.

FlipX

HSC
lvl 3 library is pretty
There's also some new study area on the ground floor? And...electronic catalogues? When did this all happen? *grabs passer-by* WHAT YEAR IS THIS?!!

Electrical Engineering Lifts scared the living daylights out of me the other day. Every time I have to go up 3 levels, I'll be walking instead. Lifts which require manual opening of doors? No TYVM.
The main ones break down on a two-week cycle and the rickety old one on the other side of the building is a death-wish. Sticking to the stairs is a good move.

But in defence of the elec eng building, its hallways have a certain rustic, communist charm to them, especially on the lower floors. A little Mao-chic, y'know? :)

laluna

HSC
N/A
quad: made for tall people, high ceilings
old main: fkasldjfla
morven brown: asbestos
having spent most of my time in those buildings, i can't agree more! :D

But in defence of the elec eng building, its hallways have a certain rustic, communist charm to them, especially on the lower floors. A little Mao-chic, y'know? :)
that is the nicest thing i've ever heard anyone say about the ee building, lol.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ee lifts are... faulty. not working properly last time i checked.

mech eng lifts are sometimes scary.

you'd think we'd have good lifts since we're the engineering faculty!!! :mad1:

Justina

HSC
Anyone know who i talk to about getting enrolled in a tute that is already full? what are the chances they'll agree?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
course coordinator, talk to them in person, prove/give them good enough reason why u need to enrol into that particular tutorial (if there are other streams), then you may get in.

if there's only 1 tute, then they might increase the class size depending on demand, email or/and see them in person.

laluna

HSC
N/A
ee lifts are... faulty. not working properly last time i checked.

mech eng lifts are sometimes scary.

you'd think we'd have good lifts since we're the engineering faculty!!! :mad1:
since when do ee lifts EVER work properly? lol :D

i say this to my friends all the time: "crap lifts in engineering - what does that say about us?!" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)