general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Sure they do. The Greens could throw as many children as they like overboard (sound familiar fanboys?) but the bare mention of WorkChoices alone is enoguh to annilihate the Liberal's chances of winning a Federal election for a very long period of time.

On that note, support the staff at the rally tomorrow.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Yes. That does not deny the production of radio isotopes though. Cyclotrons (which are non nuclear if you were not aware) are able to produce teh same medial isotopes currently produced at Lucas Heights and the cost to operate a comparable size cyclotron is 1/3rd the cost to operate the Lucas Heights Nuclear reactor.

WorkChoices alone is enough to kill the Liberals for years if not decades.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
While I'm not in favor of them not realeasing students grades, it is a brilliant move on their part to get a fairer agreement.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
The Liberal party is calling you back to their basement.
Edit: Funny thing is, I wrote thsi before I even read/saw your signature.

Vote Greens and preference Labor.

Seriously, would you want your working conditions lowered, maternity leave removed etc?
Fucking dumb shit unionist. What good is maternity leave for someone who doesn't plan on having kids? Everyone is better off if it's bargained it away for a few extra dollars per day.

CharlieR000

HSC
The Liberal party is calling you back to their basement.
Edit: Funny thing is, I wrote thsi before I even read/saw your signature.

Vote Greens and preference Labor.

Seriously, would you want your working conditions lowered, maternity leave removed etc?

Don't do this. ever.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
The freer restrictions on labor are the better off we all are

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Support the NTEU. Rally on Science lawn tomorrow aroudn lunch time.

why should anyone give a shit about them, they have pissed off enough students by not releasing marks, lol, dickheads, they think they can piss everyone off and then expect someone to support them

also uni lecturers/ tutors have enough bloody money as it is

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
THey want a 20% pay increase over 3 years.

They want all HECS fees for all relatives to be paid off.

They want a pay rate of x2 for maternity leave ON TOP OF the government Maternity Leave scheme.

So they'll be getting 3x pay for 18 weeks then 2x pay for another 18 weeks.

Ugh they are scumbags, they can fuck off.

Gold Lion

HSC
The strike fucked me over more than anyone I think. Got an email yesterday saying they were gonna reveal grades to students who failed, thank fuck . Still waiting on it but either way I'm fucked because all the tutes for the class I failed clash with my other subjects....

AWESOME. :/

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Fucking dumb shit unionist. What good is maternity leave for someone who doesn't plan on having kids? Everyone is better off if it's bargained it away for a few extra dollars per day.
I don't belong to a union, so calling me a unionist and name calling just shows how weak your argument is and that you have nothing better to offer.

Maternity leave is an important service for both men and women. Taking away worker's rights is nothing more than the university enforcing their own brand of WorkChoices after it was rightfully so revoked and replaced by FairWork Australia by the Rudd-Gillard government.

A University without a maternity leave policy will attract a lesser quality candidature of staff and its academic position will suffer as a result. UNSW needs to remain competitive in Australia.

CharlieR000" said:
Don't do this. ever.
Most of my friends (those who enrolled in time anyway) are voting this way. If a straw poll was conducted at UNSW or any Australian university, you would see Labor (and the Greens) have a significantly stronger hold amongst younger voters.

Sikhman" said:
Yeah but the reactor at Lucas heights does a lot more than just radioisotopes for medical use.
It does? Reference's please.

Rothbard said:
The freer restrictions on labor are the better off we all are
Liberals == WorkChoices. :hammer:

Random-1006" said:
why should anyone give a shit about them, they have pissed off enough students by not releasing marks, lol, dickheads, they think they can piss everyone off and then expect someone to support them

also uni lecturers/ tutors have enough bloody money as it is
At least 500 people (students) probably were at the rally at UNSW today even though it was at a bad time.

Gold Lion said:
The strike fucked me over more than anyone I think. Got an email yesterday saying they were gonna reveal grades to students who failed, thank fuck .
Why is it that important? Does it really matter if you failed by getting 33 or by 44? I feel sorry you failed, but its not the lecturers fault, their strike action was not the reason for you failing the subject.

Summary: Vote Greens and preference Labor.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
The 8 hours I spent there getting all the crap explained to me. One of the biggest ones is producing some sort of silicon for integrated circuits/chips. Stuff gets sent over from Japan, they do some weird stuff to it at Lucas Heights, then send it back. The quality is so high, they prefer to send it to us rather than getting it done in Japan. Just read the ANSTO website. Should be enough info there.
This uses cyclotrons and particle accelerators though (which Lucas Heights ANSTO also house), not the nuclear reactor.

:hippie:

random-1006

Banned
HSC
500 people (students)

500 out of 40000, now yes i know you are going to say that you obviously couldnt have that many people on the physics lawn or whereever the hell they were, but these 500 must be seriously dumb fukers ( what are the lecturers going to give them a cut of all the money) , when a large number of students are pissed off about this ban on marks shit.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
for some reason the higher physics course 1B doesnt start lectures until week 2 or labs/ tuts until week 3, im assuming this is because of the strike, so we get fuked over at the end of semester exam huh. Bloody stop complaining lecturers and do your fukin job, you dont have it anywhere near as bad as you think.

How can they expect support, when they are pissing off the students, no one else, did they think this marks ban would do anything to anyone BUT the students, no one at the uni in charge of pay or whatever gives a shit about this marks ban, it doesnt impact them at all.

Last edited:

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
for some reason the higher physics course 1B doesnt start lectures until week 2 or labs/ tuts until week 3, im assuming this is because of the strike
No, this is how it was last year also. So unless they were striking then also, your argument fails.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
No, this is how it was last year also. So unless they were striking then also, your argument fails.

ok, but you have nothing to say to the rest of what i wrote. So I could stab you in the back, and you would still help me , metaphorically speaking , nice to know there are still dumb fucks out there that can be easily manipulated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)