general UNSW chit-chat (6 Viewers)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
did anyone apply for one of those yellow shirt volunteers outside the library today?

shannonm

HSC
N/A
politik said:
Nebuchanezzar said:
I'm no engineer, but I fail to understand how these wonderful new trains could work on a line as old as the one from Redfern-Central which is nearly impossible to upgrade, and yet not work on the Sutherland line. Can someone explain this to me? Please?
Googled:

SYDNEY'S flagship Millennium trains, worth up to $40 million each, are restricted to just four lines of the CityRail network more than three years after their introduction.

RailCorp spokesman Matthew Vane-Tempest confirmed the Millenniums are confined to one of CityRail's three sectors, citing staff training as the reason. The trains were CityRail's "most technologically advanced" and have "unique technical and maintenance requirements".

"It is important to ensure constant and continuing experience for staff who operate this small fleet," Mr Vane-Tempest said.

Because of this, a decision was made to keep the Millenniums "all deployed in one sector".

owned! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I do believe that the official story a few years back (from the state government), was that they were far too advanced to run on the cityrail network in some places, but that seems kinda odd considering that they can run between Redfern and Central. This new excuse makes a lot more sense, and there's no way in hell that you can blame the state government for the shortcomings of railcorp's staff management.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
More importantly, these VC's get paid an infinitely absurd amount of money. Perhaps before scrapping jobs that are fairly useful, our beloved VC should think about cutting a bit of his unessecarily high wage and putting it toward research. What a douche.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
<_<
>_>
<_<

I don't get it. How about that Red Centre though eh? And seeing as I haven't bitched about it for a few pages now...

What a hideous building. Those UTS people have it good compared to us with this monolithic piece of shit looming over the university. Die.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Googled:

SYDNEY'S flagship Millennium trains, worth up to $40 million each, are restricted to just four lines of the CityRail network more than three years after their introduction.
They used to only be able to run one on our line at any one time, I'm not entirely sure if they still do or not but I haven't seen one in ages.

G

Gavvvvvin

The old intercity trains with the green seats are still the king of comfort.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Gavvvvvin said:
The old intercity trains with the green seats are still the king of comfort.
Yeah, I always hope my express trains will be those

For teh win! :D

So quite inside them too

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
MedNez said:
Yeah, I always hope my express trains will be those

For teh win! :D

So quite inside them too
I'll assume "quiet" -- but once I was going to Wollongong during easter show time on one of these trains and there were these year 8 girls who were incessantly giggling... that was a terribly painful experience.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
So, that lady died at Central ey? Pretty sad news I suppose. I guess that cityrail ought to be commended for doing the best they could in that situation, packing all those lines onto two platforms and maintain regular services. I always wonder how the driver feels in that situation, knowing that there's nothing they can do to slow the train down.

Dwight

HSC
I saw an ambulance and a guy on a motorbike at Central...what exactly happened to the lady?

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Good thing I wen't to St. James today and got a seat. That's always important.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I've been doing that for a little while now if I ever have time, it's a damn good plan. If there's ever more than 20mins, I go to Circular Quay, it's much more scenic than St. James.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)