general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Survivor39 said:
What courses are you planning to take Rkkusu?

I may give you some insights. :)
Hey Survivor! I'm sorry I didn't read your reply! But your answers to my previous posts in the science sub-forum were extremely informative! A God amongst BABS Knowledge indeed!
Btw I saw your E-poster for MICR2021, it looked totally pro bro!

Actually I do have a question which popped up...!:wave:

In your third year, were there any good courses which provided a good entwinement with immuno & microbio? (e.g. like Genetics is somewhat of a good match with immuno)

miyoko

HSC
hey, was wondering if its possible for UNSW to give out more than one offer, in my case, both of my top two prefernces are at UNSW, uai's are quite similar too, cheers if anyone replies.

Rekkusu

HSC
Each Preference you input into UAC is recorded separately. So even if it's from the same University, it's the degree which makes it separate.

Only 1 Offer is given out at any single time (So you must accept/reject an offer given to u in main round). Unless if your 1st preference was not given out in the Main/Early Round, then UAC will attempt to give you an offer for your first preference in Late Round.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
poster on radar said:
On another point - I did attend CBS simply out of curiousity during a point of time in my life when I wasn't partial to any religious affiliation and just wanted to learn more about particular religions and myself. I attended the weekly bible studies and eventually one of those retreat camps with an open mind - which was a bad idea. From my experience (and my opinion can only be based on this) - people were generally nice but narrow minded and didn't care what you believed if you didn't believe their way it was the highway. No one really takes the time to understand who you are but just try to instill their dogma and teachings until you become one of them which - i don't think is a good way of evangelisation. And yes they were quite pushy so I left the camp early because i thought it was a load of crap and had a really uncomfortable 'gut-feeling'. Upon leaving not only did my 'group-leader' pester me months post, he actually went to my parents house (unsolicited by the way) to 'drop-in' to see if I was at home - luckily for me i was living out of home by then and my parents were smart enough to not tell them where i was. When i finally got to tell him i had found 'my-way' and didn't need CBS anymore (I put it as nice as I could) - he was really offended and really tried to put me down saying "you should know better than this" as if it was my fault for leaving CBS. Now I don't know about everyone else, but if you call this the attitude of a Christian with good values you've got to be kidding. I wont' ramble any longer but that attitude was all I needed to confirm that CBS wasn't really any good at all and my gut-feelings were true. Of course, I do not speak for all Christian groups and I have plenty of Christian friends (which i would call nice and normal) but this was a first account of my experience with CBS at UNSW.
----

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
cbs is not for everyone, but Christianity (or any religion for that matter) isnt there for you to feel comfortable about.

Rekkusu

HSC
Lmao, you should grab mine as well :)

Cept I'd rather have my old image =p I hate sitting in that chair with the Camera which can't even afford flash-lights.

Hm, btw can you suggest which Bus Routes stop at elizabeth st (near QVB) and head to UNSW? Lol, the maps offered at 131500 are totally blurry :p

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Elizabeth St buses that stop at UNSW include 392, 394, 396, 397, 399 and L94. Head up Park St and when you hit Elizabeth, cross the road to the Hyde Park side and turn right (toward Central), waiting at the next bus stop you walk past. There's a closer stop but it doesn't have these buses.

gman03

HSC
elfm said:
I've gotten mine. It's very glittery and gay looking.
Do they have the concession stickers on the card, or handed out separately this year?

Rekkusu

HSC
Thank you Dumsum for the Specific information + landmarks!! :) I'll read the map now, and try it out on Monday. .

o_O they can hand out concession stickers separately?

elfm

HSC
gman03 said:
Do they have the concession stickers on the card, or handed out separately this year?
There's a concession sticker on the card.

Conspirocy

HSC
new card looks kewl...

so are u doing that com degree which is actually science and you learn info systems?????? cause thats what ur card says??

EDIT: PS. Big spender flashing the $5 in ur wallet! lol

drmix

HSC
N/A
lol...he did a favour for us by scanning and putting up the id card up

now we r picking on him...gosh im sure he didnt expect that ;)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Ah, good times in this thread, good times. I feel guilty for abandoning the uni though. Nice new card, lame distortion effects though. :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)