jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
LOL!
well aernt you glad you dont have to work in there anymore

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The clocks don't work (or is that the bioscience clock), I don't think. So anyone who relies on the Applied Science clocks obviously has a very small piens. I honestly don't remember. The building does have a sort of magnetism about it though. Everytime I walked past I felt the urge to walk up to it and start pounding madly on the bricks to try and knock it down. And yes, Mr. gangsta, I am glad I don't have to work in there. First day of summer session chemistry in that lecture theatre, Nick Roberts launched a scathing attack on the building. "This old hunk'o'junk building hasn't got any airconditioning at the moment. Why on earth did those bozos let us hire a damn room for summer sessions with no airconditioning! Blather blather blather, honk ra ra ra!." On the plus side, we got moved to the law building where I got lectured in the parliament like lecture theatre they've got there. I sat on the left...

SquidY06

HSC
haha you cant see that clock when you're working INSIDE the building

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The Newton building adds a certain charm to OMB. It's bricky exterior actually has some class, like an old Mercedes-Benz. Actually, really, UNSW had a lot of suckiness to it, thanks to when it was all built, much like the Darlington campus of USyd. To the delight of...me, I shall now compose a list of my thoughts of the architecture at UNSW! Hooray for me!

The excellent

Library stage 2

The Good

Scientia
Mathews Building
Quadrangle
Law building
Blockhouse/Roundhouse/Squarehouse (especially when viewed from uni mall)
Clancy auditorium
Morven Brown
Chancellery
Red Centre
Newton
Webster

The Bad

Library stage 1
Electrical engineering
Mechanical engineering
Civil engineering
Wallace Wurth/Biological sciences
Samuels
Science theatre
Heffron/Dalton
OMB
That dumb building behind OMB

The ugly

Applied science

karoooh

HSC
Why has UNSW been so busy during the last week or so?

What's going on?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
karoooh said:
Why has UNSW been so busy during the last week or so?

What's going on?
I wondered that today... coming home the bus was packed, but most people got off at UNSW and afterwards hardly a soul. Weriod

karoooh

HSC
Oh.

But it wasn't just today though. Like, there's people everywhere everyday and there usually isn't anyone during the holidays.

Eh.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah, a lot of international and college students are getting settled this week. Plus there are a lot of Yellow Shirts floating around, preparing for O-Week next week.

Also, the staff is back which provides a good influx of people.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
So, I handed in my applicaiton for overload to the science student centre on Friday. When will I hear back from them, and how does it work from here... does it automatically enrol me on myUNSW or do they just do it separate to that?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
politik said:
jew cannot overload unless jew are in final year, am i right?
Anyone with good academic standing can overload, but I think science doesn't allow it for first years.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Those in my course (B comm/B econ) have a maximum of 24uoc load per semester unless you have special permission or something. Sucks.

HSC
my mate overloaded his gen eds (3uoc).. and hes 2nd year engineering/commerce. so i dont know maybe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)