• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

general UNSW chit-chat (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
ah, they decided not to change our 3 exams in a row, at least they are all on campus and two are at the scientia, where our exam venues should always be, we deserve the best.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, presently LOLing. A reconstruction of Diploma in Innovation Management subjects is currently underway and as a result I am required to replace a core subject with one of the below:

INFS1602 Information Systems in Business 6UOC
INFS1603 Business Data Management 6UOC
MGMT1001 Managing Organisations and People 6UOC
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 6UOC
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 6UOC
MARK1012 Marketing Fundamentals 6UOC

I'm thinking Micro or Macro, as they'd probably be easiest. But wondering if anyone would recommend one of the others?

EDIT: actually, I'm wondering if I should try convince them to let me do QMA or something pissy like that. It has an exclusion with MATH1141 but technically the Diploma is a complete separate program from my Bachelor...
I think you'll find micro is just very easy maths once you do a strange code switch...

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Thanks for all the help guys!!!!, although I'm gonna try for something different :p. Since INFS1603 Business Data Management was one of the suggested courses, I have emailed asking if MATH2871 Data Management for Statistical Analysis would be suitable. I figure that with this I could sit and pass the SAS exam and get a somewhat sought-after qualification under my belt in time for, well, getting a job or something.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
I think that's a good idea. Lots of job adverts ask for SAS thesedays.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
week 13 timetable is looking good.
finally can come home early to watch WWE, provoke bee hives and place cucumber on eyes and have facial.
and finally cram for 3 day in a row of exams, mech eng guys get the best exam timetables, best record was 4 exams over 2 days.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
week 13 timetable is looking good.
finally can come home early to watch WWE, provoke bee hives and place cucumber on eyes and have facial.
OK that just conjured up a mental image of

which is strange.

thats crazy.

also:

(timetable)

LML.
That is a pretty awesome timetable actually.
Mine doesn't really change for week 13; most of the people in charge of my courses didn't realise at all about the new '12 weeks in 13' thing.

edit: meh, scrap that. nevermind.

Last edited:

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Is the Law Library opened on the Weekends? Thinking of going tomorrow, if someone can answer this question asap it would be great

Uncle

Banned
HSC
brb, seeing if i can sneak into Octoberfest and holla:

"This is pathetic people! Succumbing to the temptation of alcohol! See how being straight-edge can save you!"

OK that just conjured up a mental image of

which is strange.

That is a pretty awesome timetable actually.
Mine doesn't really change for week 13; most of the people in charge of my courses didn't realise at all about the new '12 weeks in 13' thing.

edit: meh, scrap that. nevermind.
that cucumber face of toughguy mcgeekface is so HOT.
unsw sure does have style

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
downloaded all the elec lecture recordings, am fully up to date, now all i gotta do is watch em :/

and Uncle, if u want em, bring ur netbook into uni and i'll bring em on my hard drive.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
lol.
Goldstein College is having a BBQ on Main Walkway between MechEng and ElecEng buildings and charging money I think, while nearby at the Naked Lady lawn the Civil Engineers are providing a free BBQ WITH drinks.

downloaded all the elec lecture recordings, am fully up to date, now all i gotta do is watch em :/

and Uncle, if u want em, bring ur netbook into uni and i'll bring em on my hard drive.
HAHAHA Lecture 20 isn't on ELEC1111 Lectures:
I'll ask for your external hard drive when I need it.

pix of uncle plz ffs
ah, I think you should see me in the flesh comrade!
try and find me at unsw or i hunt you at usyd.

What do you want?

littlesev

HSC
missed the oktoberfest 'cause I had 3hr accounting class. did i miss much?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hehe, saw wrong_turn today (more like he tapped me on the shoulder and kept walking, fkn stalker, then i turned around and said hi and we talked for a bit).

HAVE FUN DRINKING =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)