general UNSW chit-chat (2 Viewers)

Gold Lion

HSC
Lol, the following may make you feel better.
1) I am doing 1141 because I assumed maths at uni is going to be like what it was in high school.
2) Didn't attend any lectures after week 3.
3) Did nothing for it apart from a couple of random questions every now and then for class tests.
4) Didn't even cram that much. For the whole Stuvac period I was pretty much watching either CSI or the World Cup.

Woot.
Oh, I think Sikhman asked this before...but does anyone know how 1141/1131 scaled?

C'mon, gimme that Credit XD

Now I must study for Physics...exam is in about 15 hours.:(
That does make me feel better :p

um uni is in no way a "breeze"
I think that one has been established but I gotta say the majority of people I know go into uni and assume it's going to be like school and get screwed over.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i wanna go unsw

i love youse all.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Oh, I think Sikhman asked this before...but does anyone know how 1141/1131 scaled?

C'mon, gimme that Credit XD

Now I must study for Physics...exam is in about 15 hours.:(
I think it is scaled based on the performance of the 1141 candidature on the common questions.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i love maths :D

anyone done math1241? how does it compare to 1141
i did 1231 but assume 1241 isn't that huge a step

1231 imo was easier than 1131 (lolol or prob around the same since i failed maple in 1131 by not studying it) but they're all pretty much the same.

emphasis is on matrices in 1231, algebra becomes more conceptual and theoretical.

the theory i found preetty easy after reading once or twice, but people will be put off by it.

but yea 1231 was piss easy

EmJoy

HSC
i did 1231 but assume 1241 isn't that huge a step

1231 imo was easier than 1131 (lolol or prob around the same since i failed maple in 1131 by not studying it) but they're all pretty much the same.

emphasis is on matrices in 1231, algebra becomes more conceptual and theoretical.

the theory i found preetty easy after reading once or twice, but people will be put off by it.

but yea 1231 was piss easy
Just out of curiosity, if you are so good at maths and found everything piss easy, why didnt you do 1141/1241?

shaon0

HSC
like me :spin:

my highschool habits were "do shit all study and still get average marks"

does. not. work. at. uni.
Here's hoping you're wrong. I'll post my marks up when i get them.
Winn said:
Lol. Hm, so not many people fail maths?
Yeah, i don't think so.
Winn said:
Lol, the following may make you feel better.
1) I am doing 1141 because I assumed maths at uni is going to be like what it was in high school.
2) Didn't attend any lectures after week 3.
3) Did nothing for it apart from a couple of random questions every now and then for class tests.

4) Didn't even cram that much. For the whole Stuvac period I was pretty much watching either CSI or the World Cup.
lol, i've been doing the stuff in bold except i went to one lecture after week 2. Hopefully, i won't get owned by the maths finals.
Lyounamu said:
but maths marking is pretty generous tho. they take like 3 best results for ur topic tests as well as online tests...

i hardly know anyone who got below 20/30 for topics tests or like 28/30 or something for online tests
Even then, 20/30 in the quizzes is crap and finals should be tonnes harder than quizzes.

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
Does annyone know if 1151 is scaled? As there's no relative measure or relatively quantifiable data

Winn

HSC
PHYS1131 exam, tick.
Can't believe they put so many friction problems in it, particle dynamics is my weakest topic.
Lol @many people saying, after it was finished, OMG im gonna get like 20% for this exam...oh wait, I've already passed without even doing the exam!
Lol, also, @the crowded racecourse filled with tons of students doing last minute cramming. It was quite a scenery, really. :p

henry08

HSC
N/A
PHYS1131 exam, tick.
Can't believe they put so many friction problems in it, particle dynamics is my weakest topic.
Yeah, I liked the topics they asked last year better. No Doppler effect etc...

Lol @many people saying, after it was finished, OMG im gonna get like 20% for this exam...oh wait, I've already passed without even doing the exam!
hopefully

Lol, also, @the crowded racecourse filled with tons of students doing last minute cramming. It was quite a scenery, really. :p
I don't see any point to this really. 20 minutes before the exam is probably not going to help you with anything you didn't know already.

Winn

HSC
I don't see any point to this really. 20 minutes before the exam is probably not going to help you with anything you didn't know already.
Exactly, which is why it's so amusing to watch.:cool:

I tend to always find past papers easier for some reason too, hmm.

Lesson learnt after that disastrous exam: ATTEND LECTURES & DO THE HW.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Just out of curiosity, if you are so good at maths and found everything piss easy, why didnt you do 1141/1241?
cbf'd, wasn't required of my degree since i chose civil engineering instead of adv math.

Higher WAM
not really, 1141 scales better than 1131, kind of like 4unit vs 3unit.

had my fluids test today - pretty gay shit

ColdBuffet

HSC
PHYS1131 exam, tick.
You need to get a "satisfactory" mark in the final as well as a pass in the overall course pass PHYS1121 (I assume it's the same for 1131).

Gold Lion

HSC
You need to get a "satisfactory" mark in the final as well as a pass in the overall course pass PHYS1121 (I assume it's the same for 1131).

Really? Is this in course outline or you just heard it from randoms?

My friend said she is certain she failed phys exam today but did well enough all semester to pass...:/

For her sake I hope you're bsing cause people said the same thing about 1131 that supposedly you need to pass final to pass the course but it's actually the combined mark of your semester grades+final

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
PHYS1131 exam, tick.
I was one of those people >.<"
I hope they let me pass......

Exactly, which is why it's so amusing to watch.:cool:

I tend to always find past papers easier for some reason too, hmm.

Lesson learnt after that disastrous exam: ATTEND LECTURES & DO THE HW
Same here. I found the past papers really easy :S

I need to go to lectures and do homework too >.<"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)