General UTS chit-chat (2 Viewers)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Welcoming 2008 students!' Thread

Is tax law a presentation still? We had to do a group presentation on a particular weeks lecture topic. We did CGT =.=;

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and Welcoming 2008 students!' Thread

krayzie_ said:
Haha, oh i see, yea the lecturer usb didn't work so he was just reading his own notes, kinda sucked. Who was your lecturer at the time? Was it D Meltz?

Yeah I get what your saying.. Just the whole presentation thing turns me off, I'd rather waste time learning something instead of a play. You know when you go to your first tutorial, do they randomly assign you to the roleplaying group? or do you just get into your own groups? Do you have any past mid semesters or finals for this subject on comp?

/edit what kind of group activity is tax law? roleplaying too? haha, don't tell me every single law subject has a role playing activity in it. LOL@that
I did BLethics in Autumn, 2007 and also got David. Pretty much every lecture I used to fall asleep at the 1hr mark.. not sure why lol.

It probably depends on your tutor, but I had Valerie and she let us choose our own roleplaying groups. Some other tutors might allocate you in groups.
I have like 10 sample mid-semester questions for BLEthics, which you will probably get from David via UTSOnline. He doesn't give you any samples for the finals.

I can safely say that in Applied Company Law there is no group work. It is all individual.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and omg back to uni noooo!' Thread

i had a shit first day
not looking to forensic imaging at all...such a snoozefest =(

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
i had a shit first day
not looking to forensic imaging at all...such a snoozefest =(
Haha yeh I was ready for a break 10 minutes into the lecture.
I wonder how many people are gonna turn up tmorrow with the correct camera.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

oi fuck you....im now stuck with this cold due to the shitty weather...mother fucking piece of shit =(

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

jemsta said:
oi fuck you....im now stuck with this cold due to the shitty weather...mother fucking piece of shit =(
I was feeling a bit under the weather earlier too..still am I guess.

Speaking of weather, it started hailing when I was on the train home today. I thought they were rocks falling on the train at first since it was just a few, then it started pelting down. Poor people who had to get off at the station when it was hailing lol.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

ragnarok said:
I was feeling a bit under the weather earlier too..still am I guess.

Speaking of weather, it started hailing when I was on the train home today. I thought they were rocks falling on the train at first since it was just a few, then it started pelting down. Poor people who had to get off at the station when it was hailing lol.
Hailing.. what time was this?

Anyways.. I have a day off today =)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

it was pretty bad yesterday...the visibility was almost 0 so you couldnt see when you were driving
i need a day off pretty soon...2 more days till the weekend =D

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

jemsta said:
it was pretty bad yesterday...the visibility was almost 0 so you couldnt see when you were driving
i need a day off pretty soon...2 more days till the weekend =D
I thought you had days off on monday and tuesday already =p

krayzie_

HSC

Hey Huratio!

Saw you give the presentation in Accounting for Business! Good job haha

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

Huratio said:
I thought you had days off on monday and tuesday already =p
haha nar got monday off and come in tues for a prac...wanted to talk to my course coordindator today about transferring to the new course but doesnt look too bright atm =(

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Hey Huratio!

Saw you give the presentation in Accounting for Business! Good job haha
How did you know it was me =p..
Shocking presentation lol- I had heaps more prepared, but Jon Tyler was rushing me.

Come to my PASS session lol... It is the 3-4pm one on Thursday, or if you want to come to Ku-Ring-Gai I'm also leading the one at 2-3pm on the Tuesday.

jemsta said:
haha nar got monday off and come in tues for a prac...wanted to talk to my course coordindator today about transferring to the new course but doesnt look too bright atm =(
Science got restructured too? IT got restructured.. pretty annoying now that some subjects are being available on one semester rather than two..

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC

Huratio said:
How did you know it was me =p..
Shocking presentation lol- I had heaps more prepared, but Jon Tyler was rushing me.

Come to my PASS session lol... It is the 3-4pm one on Thursday, or if you want to come to Ku-Ring-Gai I'm also leading the one at 2-3pm on the Tuesday.

Science got restructured too? IT got restructured.. pretty annoying now that some subjects are being available on one semester rather than two..
Haha, I remember you said somewhere on here that you were on the PASS program and plus I know your name is Alister from here too.

Jon is abit too much.. he needs to turn it down a notch. LOL.

I don't think I will be doing PASS, unless I really have too! My Thursdays are all classes no breaks :D

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Haha, I remember you said somewhere on here that you were on the PASS program and plus I know your name is Alister from here too.

Jon is abit too much.. he needs to turn it down a notch. LOL.

I don't think I will be doing PASS, unless I really have too! My Thursdays are all classes no breaks :D
Oh how sad =\ I don't know who you are.. you should come and say hello then lol.

Jon is always like that lol.. unfortunately all of those jokes have been recycled from past semesters (they were the same when I did Accounting for Business in Spring, 2006).

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

i need my lecturers to tell me jokes in order to keep myself awake :|

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Do an elective in Accounting for Business then lol...

krayzie_

HSC

Yea jere, do that then we will be in a class together haha.

Whats everyone doing tonight

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

haha if only i do have electives for my course....ill do a business subject just for the lolz.
BBQ for me tonight...havent hit the piss this weekend. epic weekend next week though =D

krayzie_

HSC

Haha, your course is chem galore =) I dropped Blethics and took up Economics. =D The roleplay turned me off hard, then the tut I got was even worse. =D Gonna put it off for a year and do it next year LOL.

Ah I seel what are you doing the next? I saw the UTSBC on UTSonline. $1700 worth of drinks?! LOL, should go have a flamming lamborghini etc. =D 20 buck drinks haha

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

jemsta said:
haha if only i do have electives for my course....ill do a business subject just for the lolz.
Nah.. do an IT subject- you'll have classes in Building 10, get access to the better computers, and may even get free printing =o

krayzie_ said:
Haha, your course is chem galore =) I dropped Blethics and took up Economics. =D The roleplay turned me off hard, then the tut I got was even worse. =D Gonna put it off for a year and do it next year LOL.
Wonder if you still have to do multiple choice questions online every week for Economics.. (MyAtlas lol...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)