• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

General UTS chit-chat (2 Viewers)

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked, Secks then Study' Thread

yep i found macro and still find macro easier than micro lol. macro in eco for business extends what you learnt in hs eco, you don't really do that much micro in the hsc eco course partly why i liked macro more. also i find macro to be more interesting.

HSC

^ that's ridiculous lol u are going to absolutely smash it! i didn't really make any notes at all and did pretty well- relied predominately on tut notes, lec slides etc.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC

Malfoy said:
I finished them about about quarter past five this morning... 44 pages of annotated legislation, 56 pages of summaries of content and about 20 pages of cases.

I'm just very stressed about this exam because it's the only one I reasonably have a chance of getting an HD in as I'm sitting on 46/50 prior to it.

It's in two and a half hours!
Waoo!

You are gonna smash that exam! is business law really a very difficult subject?

By the way, is it possible to buy the notes for a reasonable price ? LOL

Anyway, good luck , I think you will do very good as you have put a lot of effort into the subject.

HSC

^ lol nah bus law is probably the easiest subject out of the first year ones though i guess it depends on your learning style. For me though it wasn't my best overall result compared to the time i put in and my overall result it was the easiest.

@Malfoy if you don't fall asleep in the exam lol be prepared to come close to topping the sub.

lol at buying the notes. Let the auction begin

spence

HSC

Yay eco's over, just MPO and marketing to go. I'm so unmotivated to study MPO, such a useless subject

-pari-

HSC
N/A

blethics wasn't too bad :) i didn't finish the very last question. (5marks)
but i knew going in there that u'd have to work fast. i think it was a slightly longish exam for 2hrs.

Donski

HSC
N/A

well im fucked. went totally blank for part c. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC

spence said:
Yay eco's over, just MPO and marketing to go. I'm so unmotivated to study MPO, such a useless subject
really struggling with MPO. So damn packed with theories and years. How hard is the final exam?

There are lot of chapters where they just tell some basic stuff that is not supported by any theories like mentoring...

Probably need 14-17 marks and seal the pass mark.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC

Malfoy said:
Business Law today was great, I finished with time to revise and ten minutes spare after that and what I wrote was reasonably comprehensive compared to what I thought I'd end up writing. The essay-style questions suited me and so I think I did really well in it so long as David Meltz (or whoever marks it) is happy with my essay style. I do very much hate page limits, though!

I'm not going to sell my notes, but if anyone wants them let me know and I'll upload my legislation list and my topic summaries on here later on. I'm sure you guys would do the same, it seems a bit unreasonable to expect people to pay me for them!

I used my boyfriend's case list so I won't upload that, but otherwise I'd say they're fairly complete (though you may need to add a bit to the Lecture 12 summary).

Two exams to go, and then freedom... next semester will be hard, though, with three Law subjects!

EDIT: Thought it was fair regarding the allocated time, actually, but that depends on how quickly you do the multiple choice. I took about 25-30 minutes to do my multiple choice. Same for Accounting - they said to allocate half the time to it but I don't think that's a wise use of time.

Hope everyone does well though! :)
nice to hear to you smashed b law. Would appreciate if you could upload whatever you think is good, lol.

Good luck with next semester, and most important "chill out" during the holidays.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC

Malfoy said:
Do you have Microsoft Office 2007 or should I convert them to PDF? I'll do it when I jump back on my other computer.
Have microsoft 2007... also PDF

Thanks

krayzie_

HSC

What was the structure of the BLawsethics final Malfoy? You have mentioned an essay question, what else is there?

Also thanks for the study notes I'll be using it probably next year~!

2 exams left, general microbiology and physiological systems. Finished economics today, wasn't as BAD as I thought it would be.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC

Malfoy said:
I'll put them up in PDF form... BoS doesn't allow for the upload of .docx files, which is strange.

How many exams do you have left, and when are they?
only MPO, which I am finding quite challenging and that's why I am looking up some terms on the Internet explaining it easier and simpler.

How about you?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

docx is a new format that this version of vbulletin doesn't support (or they haven't allowed it). You should make your word save in the old format to save you grief when you need to print outside of home, seeing as not everyone has 07 yet.

Learnt that the hard way last year in school. D:

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC

Malfoy said:
Aaaah... forgot to attach the notes. Hope they're useful!

(So not used to using Office 2003 any more, I've had 2007 since it was in beta and it is much, much better)
OMG!!! I This is incredible. You must have put sooo much time to make these notes! really stunning

Thank you very much!

BowDown2

HSC
N/A

Malfoy said:
I'm doing a double in Business and in Law, and I've got two exams left.

I've saved them in Word 2003 format, can't be bothered turning them into PDF at the moment as I'm tired and it requires using my other computer. :/

Feel free to share these notes with anyone else who needs them, I don't much care.

Krayzie, the BL&E final was worth 50% of the final mark and was formatted like:

Part 1 - 50 multiple choice (25% of total mark)
Part 2 - three short answer essay-style questions (25% of final mark)
  • One question on contract law, consumer protection legislation and insurance (10 marks, 1.5-2 page word limit)
  • One question on partnerships, tort of negligence and agency (10 marks, 1.5-2 page word limit)
  • One question on legislative interpretation and ethics (5 marks, 1-1.5 page word limit)
EDIT: As a guide, I would say spend 30-40 minutes on the multiple choice, 30 minutes on each of the 10-mark questions and 20 minutes on the 5-mark question.
Do u have to pass the final exam to pass the subject?

Last edited:
HSC

that's really impressive that you finished, i never finished mine, ended up guessing quite a few mcq's when I did mine though having skimmed your notes can't say I'm surprised.

Out of curiosity did you work on this through the sem or was this something you did recently, I never find doing soft copy notes useful for me never stays in my memory.

HSC

yep I found text to be useful but I found my tutorial to be alot more useful actually enjoyed going to it since it was very discussion oriented and my tutor really knew her stuff. it was more out of interest as the notes seemed really solid and lol 25 hrs seem about right as it certainly seemed like it would have taken ages!

i was pretty casual with bus law since i was in a similar boat as you going into the final(close to full marks going in) and had a shocking final timetable so didn't do as much study as i otherwise would have.

HSC

lol some of the presos in my tut were really really good! though the other material rehashing the lecture/general overview on the law was top stuff.

Haha I was the exact opposite I found David to be rather dry though he knew his stuff so I tried my best to pay attention.

HSC

lol ^ that's prob why.

did u transfer uni's or did you just change/modify your degree?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)