General UTS chit-chat (2 Viewers)

HSC
Re: The UTS 'Get Naked and Sexams coming soon!!' Thread

Huratio said:
Wow it was that hard.. i've heard exactly the same from friends doing ATBD this semester.
people always say they fail coming out of difficult exams but never do esp for acct 2. Though hate the idiots who say that and then end up getting hd's or d's

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

MortImmortelle said:
fjdksalfjdsa!!...*breathes*...hate...physics Dx...
Even if its meant to be the easy kind....my brain just wont let me read a question...i hate...life...right...now

Jemsta : a HK sounds good...visiting relatives? I heard its a great place to go clubbing...would like to go one of these days ^^
so you had physics today? How was it? Reckon you passed?
Yeah as well as shopping/eating/clubbing etc. Anything that isnt uni related i will do =)

ifsonotso: yeah those guys piss me off as well. Like fuck theyre definition of failing/screwed is getting anything <85 Like seriously, fuck off.

Soo not motivated to study inorganic chem...just wishin it could hurry up so i can get the damn thing over and done with.

HSC

nup havent done it yet. I have it last on next thursday thought i'd study 2 subjects today/tonight/early tomorrow morning...before moving onto starting chem 2 which is on monday. I can't even study one topic =S Never been this bad in a school subject...ever.

haha yeah hate people that do that too ifsonotso_100. oh so patronizing -.-' Many have never failed a subject in their life :p

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

MortImmortelle said:
haha yeah hate people that do that too ifsonotso_100. oh so patronizing -.-' Many have never failed a subject in their life :p
Ooh. I haven't failed a subject.
The last time I failed something was probably in Year 8 Japanese when I got 18% lol.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

im pretty sure 99.9% of everyone has failed in something during their life.
I unfortunately happen to be that 99.9%

maka

HSC

Equity down.

3 to go.

OSC tomorrow.

After tomorrow, 1 week to go!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Yay.. no more management accounting in my course.. MDC done!

1 more exam to go for me.. next tuesday ASR, and then im done.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Huratio said:
Yay.. no more management accounting in my course.. MDC done!

1 more exam to go for me.. next tuesday ASR, and then im done.
Haha eww you did all the gross accounting major subjects this semester (minus FSA maybe..but I'll judge that after the final :p).

Not long to go and I still haven't started studying FSA >_>

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

ragnarok said:
Haha eww you did all the gross accounting major subjects this semester (minus FSA maybe..but I'll judge that after the final :p).

Not long to go and I still haven't started studying FSA >_>
Yeah I know.. what a change from doing ABC and CMS last semester.
Things like the agency theory overlaps in both ASR and MDC though.
No one should ever attempt the SDP+ASR+MDC combination ever.

MDC was easier than expected today.. I thought I was going to get whacked because I put so little effort in it this semester.

I'm planning on doing FSA next semester.. possibly with ASA- good idea or bad idea?

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Huratio said:

MDC was easier than expected today.. I thought I was going to get whacked because I put so little effort in it this semester.

I'm planning on doing FSA next semester.. possibly with ASA- good idea or bad idea?
Yeah, everyone was so scared of MDC. I'm glad to hear it was okay.

I'm doing ASA and FSA this semester, along with ACL and SITPP so yeah, if I can handle that, you definitely can. Audit is pretty easy in my opinion if you do the work every week which I'm sure you will. FSA is a bit wishy washy to start with if you don't put a lot of effort into it (like me)..but people say once you do start putting your mind in to it, it's not so bad. There's only an assignment and handing in homework for FSA as assessments (i.e. no mid-sem so you can relax there).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

ragnarok said:
Yeah, everyone was so scared of MDC. I'm glad to hear it was okay.

I'm doing ASA and FSA this semester, along with ACL and SITPP so yeah, if I can handle that, you definitely can. Audit is pretty easy in my opinion if you do the work every week which I'm sure you will. FSA is a bit wishy washy to start with if you don't put a lot of effort into it (like me)..but people say once you do start putting your mind in to it, it's not so bad. There's only an assignment and handing in homework for FSA as assessments (i.e. no mid-sem so you can relax there).
Cheers for the advice ragnarok =)

Oh yuck.. SITPP.. how was that this semester?

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Huratio said:
Cheers for the advice ragnarok =)

Oh yuck.. SITPP.. how was that this semester?
SITPP >_> Let's just say you want someone who REALLY knows how to handle network related stuff. You find your solution is a bit mediocre otherwise and subject to a bit of criticism. Other than that, it's not too bad if you have past assignments for 'assistance' and so on. I think were was like a period of 3 weeks where none of my group touched it :p So yeah, it definitely isn't as bad as SDP or anything, but you still need technically proficient people to maximise your marks.

HSC

Huratio said:

asr was an easy subject, hence mdc and asr aren't a bad combo lol. Even mdc was pretty easy- only tough subjects in the acct major which requires regular work would be cms, and to a lesser extent maybe acct 2 though that's not obviously part of the major(was hard because of portelli's teaching or lack of).

dram

i do things
HSC

i had a much better time tackling CMS than ASR. I felt much more comfortable with that material.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

ragnarok said:
SITPP >_> Let's just say you want someone who REALLY knows how to handle network related stuff. You find your solution is a bit mediocre otherwise and subject to a bit of criticism. Other than that, it's not too bad if you have past assignments for 'assistance' and so on. I think were was like a period of 3 weeks where none of my group touched it :p So yeah, it definitely isn't as bad as SDP or anything, but you still need technically proficient people to maximise your marks.
Ooh.. how does the networking stuff link with the project itself?

SDP was taking around 20-30hrs a week.. I hope that isn't the same for SITP.

ifsonotso_100 said:
asr was an easy subject, hence mdc and asr aren't a bad combo lol. Even mdc was pretty easy- only tough subjects in the acct major which requires regular work would be cms, and to a lesser extent maybe acct 2 though that's not obviously part of the major(was hard because of portelli's teaching or lack of).
I agree with dram- I thought CMS was so much more easier than ASR. All of the homework gets covered in CMS in the tutes, thus a reinforcement of all concepts.

There is alot of fluff in ASR lectures, and tutes are way too short. I would like to see the time slots reversed (1hr lect, 2hr tutes), or even 1.5hrs for each. We never get any time to cover practical exercises, and it is pretty much do it yourself with the assistance of written answers.

I just didn't like MDC. I thought some things in it were pointless to know about, and I don't see them being used in a real accounting work environment. e.g. theories post-human relations school and motivation.

HSC

Huratio said:

I agree with dram- I thought CMS was so much more easier than ASR. All of the homework gets covered in CMS in the tutes, thus a reinforcement of all concepts.

There is alot of fluff in ASR lectures, and tutes are way too short. I would like to see the time slots reversed (1hr lect, 2hr tutes), or even 1.5hrs for each. We never get any time to cover practical exercises, and it is pretty much do it yourself with the assistance of written answers.

I just didn't like MDC. I thought some things in it were pointless to know about, and I don't see them being used in a real accounting work environment. e.g. theories post-human relations school and motivation.
people have been asking for 1 hr lecs and 2 hr tuts in asr for years but they never listen, same with the final to make it 3 hours as opposed to only 2 hrs(maybe its changed now i dunno lol).

However the point is- if someone did as much work as you do for cms through the semester for asr you'd murder the asr exam as its pretty much all memory, cms requires thinking. You can do no work for the entire semester and cram asr in a 2 day session, impossible for cms

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

ifsonotso_100 said:
people have been asking for 1 hr lecs and 2 hr tuts in asr for years but they never listen, same with the final to make it 3 hours as opposed to only 2 hrs(maybe its changed now i dunno lol).

However the point is- if someone did as much work as you do for cms through the semester for asr you'd murder the asr exam as its pretty much all memory, cms requires thinking. You can do no work for the entire semester and cram asr in a 2 day session, impossible for cms
The final is still 2hrs.

I'm starting my 3 day cram session for ASR today. Well.. less than that, because I have non-study related things to do on Monday. Hopefully I can pull off a D for it.

raiders771

HSC

ahhdatabase on monday...killing my life.....anyone got any tips with how to go about it????????????

blOwfish

HSC

The Marketing and Advertising Majors has been revised.. New core subjects + new subjects to choose from.

YAY.. now i dont have to do QMA. =P

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Huratio said:

For our last project we had to provide Internet access on the CityRail/CountryLink network (with potential for expansion into the whole of Australia). So you need to do a network topology which shows how that can happen. You may also need to do diagrams on how other things connect together e.g. internally within each train or the head office and so on. Other projects might demand similar things in terms of how things link up and so on. Ours was sooo simplisitic (thanks jase_ for helping me out, though :D) so I dunno how well we're gonna do lol.

20-30 hours in total for the semester more like it :p It was definitely no where near that amount you/we spent for SDP. I might've spent a few hours a week doing some parts but that's about it. It is relatively relaxed especially if you have people who know what they're doing or you don't leave it all until the end (but that's like any subject I guess..but then again the final report itself is worth 60% and the body is to be 90 pages or so).

OMG. 4 days, 21 hours and 51 minutes to go :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)