General UTS chit-chat (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Re: The UTS 'Secks and ?' Thread

hahaha im use to sexams so im not too worried at this stage
geez 30% failure rate is pretty high for cells...if 300 people people did it, that means 90 people failed
omfg...im glad i didnt pick that stream

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC

i know! cells sounds really difficult

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
hahaha im use to sexams so im not too worried at this stage
Hehe same, although im slightly concerned about Med Science (soooo much to remember)

jemsta said:
geez 30% failure rate is pretty high for cells...if 300 people people did it, that means 90 people failed
omfg...im glad i didnt pick that stream
Thats why I didn't pick it, I had a mate who did it and only just passed (got 51), and yeh he told me about the fail rate.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Watch your language and play nicely please guys :)

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Re: The Original UTS 'Secks and Get Naked' Thread

Why is CGE such a hard subject for people, imo Statistics is much worse with Chem not far behind. CGE is pretty much high school science where you have to memorise all the facts and regurgitate them in exams.
Stat on the other hand is a pain, it only makes sense during the lecture. Once I try to do questions on my own I don't know whats happening. Maybe its just that i suck at maths.

I can't believe we only have a month or so till exams, it feels too early and I havent even thought about revision.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

When i did stats back at unsw, i also found stats to be difficult, not because of its content, but the way it was taught
also the boringness of it made it even worse, but when it comes to studying for it, it should be quite alright

haha this semester has gone pretty quick ay...its like when you just started uni youve already had to think about studying for exams
youll get use to it eventually :)

maths back tomorrow :(

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC

Phyuk_Yiu said:
Why is CGE such a hard subject for people, imo Statistics is much worse with Chem not far behind. CGE is pretty much high school science where you have to memorise all the facts and regurgitate them in exams.
Stat on the other hand is a pain, it only makes sense during the lecture. Once I try to do questions on my own I don't know whats happening. Maybe its just that i suck at maths.

I can't believe we only have a month or so till exams, it feels too early and I havent even thought about revision.
I would equate both CGE and Stats on the same level - well back in my day anyway.

By reading what you guys are doing in cells, you won't believe the hell we went through 4 years ago. Least you have quizzes along to way to help along.

I'm not sure if you still have it for this year, but when I did it - we had a full assignment (those computer thingos with fuck loads of questions, and when I mean alot, I mean a fuck ton + shit loads of detail) due every 2 weeks for the ENTIRE semester. Not to mention this "fast plants" experiment which took the entire semester and UGH. don't want to even bother :p

Stats is really just going to the tutorials, in retrospec the lectures were freaking useless. The ENTIRE exam is based from the assignments i.e. jack shit all from the lectures. So why Ed still holds lectures is beyond what i know :)

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

LostAuzzie said:
What are you worried about, im sure you did fine.
im such a pessimist
so please dont borrow any money off me

haha but dont diss out stats....its the only subject i know comprehensively without turning up to half the lectures :)

krayzie_

HSC

Panda Bear said:
I would equate both CGE and Stats on the same level - well back in my day anyway.

By reading what you guys are doing in cells, you won't believe the hell we went through 4 years ago. Least you have quizzes along to way to help along.

I'm not sure if you still have it for this year, but when I did it - we had a full assignment (those computer thingos with fuck loads of questions, and when I mean alot, I mean a fuck ton + shit loads of detail) due every 2 weeks for the ENTIRE semester. Not to mention this "fast plants" experiment which took the entire semester and UGH. don't want to even bother :p

Stats is really just going to the tutorials, in retrospec the lectures were freaking useless. The ENTIRE exam is based from the assignments i.e. jack shit all from the lectures. So why Ed still holds lectures is beyond what i know :)
:wave: what assignments are you referring too..? those gay pink lab assignments or the actual tutorials..

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC

yeah stats and cge have changed since i did it

same goes for phy systems- when i did that subject it was so easy...now they made it a bit harder

sweet-g

HSC

Hmm.. u ready for marketing foundatins exam huratio ?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

:rofl:
booooooooring

mariyamo

VIP
HSC

krayzie_ said:
Haha, fuck if I have to repeat CGE, I will hurt somebody.

Anyone here enrolled in [size=+3]Cells, Genetics and Evolution[/size]?

yep, n i h8 it

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC

Congrats to Phyuk_Yiu for the 2000th post in this thread :)

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC

Musk said:
congrats to Phyuk_Yiu , 2000 posts in this thread :)
jasee said:
Congrats to Phyuk_Yiu for the 2000th post in this thread :)
Didn't notice that, lol.

Weekend is going to be full of work, all that CGE stuff has bottled up and the Chem and med sci labs coming up. Can't wait to get through the assignments, studying for exams is so much easier for me.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

yeah my weekend is going to be a bit packed too...and i have to start tomorrow since im busy tonight
have to do some study for med sci quiz on monday, and another lab homework for maths on monday
i hope they dont take too much time...cramming ftw :)

LostAuzzie

HSC

jemsta said:
yeah my weekend is going to be a bit packed too...and i have to start tomorrow since im busy tonight
have to do some study for med sci quiz on monday, and another lab homework for maths on monday
i hope they dont take too much time...cramming ftw :)
Yes I believe you will have to do the Mathematica all on your own, since I didnt seem to save properly, I can send you the file but I dont know that you will be able to open it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)