Generic essay questions for adaptability (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
HI guys, I am planning to start just drafting out generic essays for each of english modules (except mod C for now). Do you guys have a generic essay question that has worked in the past? My texts are:

1. Common mod: 1984
2. Mod A: Shakespeare's Richard and Al Pacino's documentary
3. Mod B: TS Eliot

Thanks !!! Plus any other tips for approaching writing draft essays for these would be helpful to me and many others!

amdspotter

HSC
Also if any1 could give any mod C tips and how to approach it that would be gr8

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Here is a list of generic essay questions targeting the Common Module:
  • How does your prescribed text voice key concerns that shape human experiences?
  • How does your prescribed text give rise to the impact of human emotions on individuals and communities?
  • How has the representation of human flaws in the individuals of your prescribed text encouraged personal reflection?
  • Evaluate how your prescribed text invites responders to reflect on how deeply-held beliefs guide human actions.
  • To what extent is empowerment central to understanding and appreciating the human experiences represented in your prescribed text?
  • How are human connections revealed through the intricacies of your prescribed text?
Here are a few generic essay questions targeting Module A:
  • How have the differences in form shaped the relationship between two texts? Make detailed reference to the prescribed texts you studied in Module A: Textual Conversations.
  • Assess how the genre conventions of one text have influenced another. Refer to a pair of prescribed texts you studied in Module A: Textual Conversations.
  • How important is a composer’s purpose to understanding intertextual connections? Make detailed reference to the prescribed texts you have studied in Module A: Textual Conversations.
Here are a few essay questions targeting Module B:
  • To what extent do the poems you have studied present a view of existence that is ultimately bleak and futile? In your response, refer to The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock and one other poem.
  • "T. S. Eliot’s unique voice forces his audience to recognise the fragility of the human psyche". Evaluate this statement with reference to at least two of Eliot’s poems.
  • To what extent does TS Eliot’s Poetry agree with the statement “modernity is a world of ruin”?
I hope this helps! :D

sab13562

HSC
HI guys, I am planning to start just drafting out generic essays for each of english modules (except mod C for now). Do you guys have a generic essay question that has worked in the past? My texts are:

1. Common mod: 1984
2. Mod A: Shakespeare's Richard and Al Pacino's documentary
3. Mod B: TS Eliot

Thanks !!! Plus any other tips for approaching writing draft essays for these would be helpful to me and many others!
Search module A sample questions and you'll get a whole bunch of generic ones from art of smart and matrix. The same applies for the other modules, and I believe matrix also does specific questions for prescribed texts. Art of smart is more general.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 Do you recommend doing exemplars for one of the questions or more of them?
Ultimately, for the purpose of adaptability, you may wish to attempt multiple questions. This will enable you to utilise information relevant to your prescribed texts more comfortably and confidently as you would be applying your knowledge in more than one way in response to different questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)