Genetic: The Code broken anyone?? (1 Viewer)

KingofthieF

Hi is there anyone doing the option Genetic: The Code Broken as well?? I got some problem with the genes that code for the foetal development (the order, position etc)...

DeLiRiOuS

Im doin genetics the broken code? although i don't know wat ur reffering to exactly..maybe u can point it out to me from the syllabus? :read:

KingofthieF

cool! i dun know exactly which dot point it is... but its about homeotic genes and how it is expressed... do u know how much we need to know in this area??

Confuzzled?!

HSC
wtf?!?!

hey..have u guys finished that option?!?!?
we never finished it! *OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG*

but yeah.....do we need to know ALOT of info for the human genome project?

DeLiRiOuS

Originally posted by KingofthieF
cool! i dun know exactly which dot point it is... but its about homeotic genes and how it is expressed... do u know how much we need to know in this area??
All it says it in the syllabus is "identify the role of genes in embryonic development"..baisically that the development of an embryo is the result of the expression of different genes, all of which coding for different cells which results in the production of different structural genes.There are different mechanisms to control the expression of genes, which results in some genes being turned on and others off.

There's also gene cascades where the expression of one gene triggers the expression of the next gene (hox genes) which is used in the formation of limbs and that it has been found in many eucaryotes, e.g fruit flies, worms, chickens.

Is that helpful..not sure if that's wat u wanted.. thats like a rough idea of wat u need to know bout it.

It's heaps i know and thats just for one point, but again thats the beauty of bio :jaw:

DeLiRiOuS

Originally posted by Confuzzled?!
wtf?!?!

hey..have u guys finished that option?!?!?
we never finished it! *OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG*

but yeah.....do we need to know ALOT of info for the human genome project?

Nah, u dont gota know alot for the human genome project. Just baisically the benefits and limitations
And the issues as to why they coud not achieve it by studying linkage maps and that last prt was examined last year so i doubt it will be examines again...not that i would know...im gonna fail it anyways :haha:

Confuzzled?!

HSC
ahhh....WHAT?!!!? lol.
but wasn't the mark for that section worth like....15% or sumfing?! i dunno...they say it was wort alot!
oh dear.....

stupid biology!
n they're taking out 20% of the bio course starting next year!!! HOW CRAPPY IS DAT!?

KingofthieF

Originally posted by Confuzzled?!

n they're taking out 20% of the bio course starting next year!!! HOW CRAPPY IS DAT!?
yeah i heard that too.. they are gonna do that to all sciences as far as i know ... :argue: WHAT ABOUT US?? do we get eaier HSC paper?? :cool:

and for DeLiRiOuS thanks for the response~~ i just want to make sure coz there's really a lot to know under the gene expression in embryonic development... like gap gene, pair rules gene, segment polarity gene, homeotic gene and crap... my class sorta rush through the syllabus so that we can have a party in our last lesson so i dun know if i missed out on anything... but it looks like its all cool ~~ thanks :D

:spaceshp: u will do well dun worry~~ Fire in the hole!!

stuffed4exams

Originally posted by KingofthieF

yeah i heard that too.. they are gonna do that to all sciences as far as i know ... :argue: WHAT ABOUT US?? do we get eaier HSC paper?? :cool:

i heard that they will MAYBE mark a bit easier.
i also heard that they might make it easy coz of the state elections coming up, they want to make it look like the new system is working really well?

true or not? i dunno
good news, bad news? take it as you will

good luck guys ;)

KingofthieF

hehe i certainly do hope so~~
but from the trend so far (english paper I and II) seems like the questions are getting tricker!! hehe

but anyhow.. we'll get through it :cool:

best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)