Genetics the code broken (1 Viewer)

ilex_aquifolium

HSC
What did people think of it? What type of things did you say for the gene cloning question?

The_Adonis

HSC
yeah basically you can talk about transgenic species and insulin and recombinant technology..
that's what i did...7 marks though, i don't know what they expect.

that 5 marker on evolution being credible with analysis was a lot poorer

psycho_mushy

HSC
the entire option was gay.... like seriously how the fuck were u meant to read off the DNA fingerprint? for fucks sake

ruella

I fucked the 7 mark a little bit - for some reason ~heh~ i didn't quite see "gene" and just thought "animal and plant cloning! I know about this!"
the rest of the option i thought was alright though. I didn't have a problem w/the fingerprint? but the 5 marker had me stuck for a bit

psycho_mushy

HSC
who were the male suspects u put down? I didn't have a fucking clue

bunnyhater

i totally have a sinking feeling about the option. 7 marks for gene clonning??! pfft. where exactly were those marks meant to come from? i cringe to think about my answer

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i hated so much this topic, it was such a challenge to learn all these genes, i didnt even liked blue print of life the gene section.
i didnt had any problems with prac 5 mark question,somehow i knew they will ask it so i just learned it by heart.

mel85

Originally posted by psycho_mushy
the entire option was gay.... like seriously how the fuck were u meant to read off the DNA fingerprint? for fucks sake
Yeah i know...i didnt have a clue how 2 read off that stupid thing, i just tried 2 make an 'educated' guess, & guessed father 3 (probably wrong!!!)

ilex_aquifolium

HSC
I eliminated the first two guys from the dna fingerprint too - so i'm pretty sure you're right about the third guy

frederica

phat
HSC
I beg to differ .. the third guy was highly suspicious in my books.

Just a thought.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
The thrid guy can be deduced as the father.
However in the ABO blood group, you should have put down none of them can be excluded.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
The thrid guy can be deduced as the father.
However in the ABO blood group, you should have put down none of them can be excluded.
i'm not sure about father with group blood B can he be the father of child O, if wife has group A?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
i'm not sure about father with group blood B can he be the father of child O, if wife has group A?
Wife: AO
Male with B group: BO
Therefore, OO is possible for the child.
Therefore, the ABO blood group text cannot determine or eliminate ANY male.

bella_puba

HSC
i thought it was a pretty general option it was good i thought it would be alot harder
how much did u guys write for the 7 mark question i wrote 2 1/2 pages is that ok?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i think its really good 2.5 pages for 7 mark question. i wrote about 4 pages but i didnt know what exactly to write, i was just bullshiting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)