geo help (1 Viewer)

speedo

HSC
i know that geo is just all about common sense. I have been making up crap in my trials and got band 5's. but ppl are telling me that in ur answers u got thro in a load of 'geographical terms'. Does ne1 hav a summary of the key terms that u need for the exam because the rest of d stuff is general knowledge

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Seriously, is it that hard to remeber a few terms or to flip through a textbook or your notebook? Here are the major ones

Ecological sustainability
decision making
geological process
interest groups
processing geological data
primary/secondary resource
urban renewal/consolidation/sprawl/redevelopment
infrustrctures
biodiversity
preservation

and i dont think using fanncy geological terms gives you a shoe in for band 6, it's the infomation that matters. Read the question properly!

the leader

HSC
spatial and ecological dimension
spatial inequality
locational disadvantage
exurbanisation
bipartisan
migration/immigration/emigration
ecologically sustainable development (ESD)
megafauna

that should do you i think

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
check out standards packages maybe do a past paper or two and you should be fine.

if you care even a bit about geo (i.e. you might be thinking about doing it in senior years, or you're just an all-round nerd :p) you'll do well.

yeah and good luck

Neurox

HSC
lmao..i got 85% for my trials and i didnt use ANY of those terms... just shows how bullshit this course is..

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Neurox said:
lmao..i got 85% for my trials and i didnt use ANY of those terms... just shows how bullshit this course is..
1) scoring a 'high' mark for geo without using any buzz words doesn't make the course sh*t. if anything it means you can more easily score marks with it using minimal efffort which is a godsend in senior years

2) or you could just be naturally smart in general and caning other more 'recognised' subjects (i.e. maths, sci). so you're just showing off your all-round prowess now. in which case good luck with what you're doing but don't knock a course which is as old as your grandma's smelly old bedside socks

3) 85% i'd say isn't even that great anyway. its only mid band 5.

4) sup fag :wave: (you had it coming :eek:)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
tamaranadine said:
what is bipartisan, megafauna
Megafauna=The largest size category of animals in a community. (doubt it's going to be used)

Bipartisan=With the support of two parties, usually the government and the opposition.

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
Cool thing is you can make up most of those terms on the spot. Except megafauna. That one took me offguard.

ROAR I AM EAT YOU HU-MAN.

Neurox

HSC
bobness..dont make generalisations from one post, you idiot. Im not naturally smart (my IQ is not 150), and i didnt intend to show off my prowess. Im just saying that geography in year 10 is just testing your ability to make up bullshit that sounds like you understand the stuff. I didnt say shit about senior geography and it is probably more intellectually demanding than this shit. Year 10 is basic stuff that doesnt require any brain power whatsoever. Oh and 85% is a good mark, because it was a trial test and SC is like supposed to be 10x easier..

edit: i forgot to mention, you dont have to be so sensitive.. stop being a fag to people on this board, just because someone says something which you interpret as them being "fags" doesnt mean u can freely express your hatred to them. Also, fuck you.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yeah you could have elaborated with the bullsh*t statement earlier

listen you're probably not a fag and/or homosecksual (or if you are then that's cool too, whatever) but you just made one big sweeping generalisation in your earlier post so if its ok am i not allowed to say what i feel?

anyway yes i would have to agree with you that geography (and history) in year 10 is very much a load of codswollop compared to senior years. there is much more freedom involved with less dry topics (i mean australia in ww2 and 'geographic' issues like waste management?? in sc) for the prelim and hsc and i only want you to broaden your restricted viewpoint.

although i maintain its slightly more than 'making up bullsh*t' even in sc.

the leader

HSC
locational disadvantage, that is what it says, right?
Locational Disadvantage is when you are disadvantaged by your location - like in the outer outer suburbs of Sydney, the residents are a long way away from services such as hospitals or whatever. It comes into urban sprawl/urban consolidation a lot, I think.

HSC
B*#ch some where else ladies :mad1:
ppl are trying to learn for once in their lives ^^

so...wat terms are there for human rights and reconciliation?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)