HSC
Hey guys!
lets start putting in eachothers notes!
what topic is everyone currently doing?
:)

felixcthecat

HSC
yayy another geographer =D

umm.. we're still on topic 1, ecosystems at risk, we finished the theory and study on mangroves and half way through coral reefs...

yourself?

"Chubby"

HSC
Hi there n welcome. Im wondering, how many ppl are currently doing HSC geo BOS??....LOLZ....
Right now i am studying people and economic activity.

felixcthecat

HSC
mhmm looks like there's only 3 right now?

has anyone done their geography assessment? or how many have you done?

I've done one geography assessment (last week).. apparently we have another one later in the month, but then ony my school diary it says we have a geography fieldtrip on that day.. so there must be a mis-print somewhere...

lhowat

HSC
hey people, we are doing ecosystems at risk, my teacher doesnt really 'teach' us anything which kinda sucks, i am teaching myself off the maquarie study guide book, its really helping so far. we have a test this friday tho some question on vulnerability and resilience... of anyone has any tips for it then yeh, thanks.

dingus

HSC
Make sure that for vulnerability you remeber

Biodeversity
Extent

HSC
My class has finished urban places and we're nearly finished ecosystems at risk. We've done two assessments, including a case study on an intertidal wetland, and we have another one coming up this term. Great to see other ppl doing geography! How many ppl has everyone got in their classes? My school has one class of 11.

felixcthecat

HSC
there's 11 ppl in our class too! heh, umm, we just started urban places, and will be having an assessment on it next week after a field trip..

geography seems so much messier this year, like information u need is all over the place, compared to last year where everything is all in the textbook :D

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I found that too. However, if u think about it, the need to do your own research will help you later on, not only in the hsc (as you will have different information so the marker wont be bored by monotony) but in University if u so choose to follow that path. As long as u maintain your apparant enthusiasm, the research will remain enjoyable and rewarding.

Tubmiester

HSC
I'm doing geo, we have done people and eco activity (grain fed beef) and ecosystems at risk (mangroves and great barrier reef). havent done urban places yet

Qian of hearts

HSC
Yo, i do geo as well.....doing ecosystems at risk (mangroves and alpine) dun one assessment on that.....and global economic activity (tourism)......case study - perisher blue.....going there for both topics......just did my half yearly last tuesday....not good:burn:

"Chubby"

HSC
Qian of hearts said:
Yo, i do geo as well.....doing ecosystems at risk (mangroves and alpine) dun one assessment on that.....and global economic activity (tourism)......case study - perisher blue.....going there for both topics......just did my half yearly last tuesday....not good:burn:
half yearly's already??? what school do u go to?

lhowat

HSC
yeh we have our half yearlys next week, good luck everyone!

fowlers

HSC
livk said:
Hey guys!
lets start putting in eachothers notes!
what topic is everyone currently doing?
:)hey im doing ecosystems at risk and would like to compare notes soon if you are willing

lisa45

HSC
hello hello!

i have my geog half yrly on friday, should be ok but i always underestimate geog exams as my other subjects are fairly hard so they get all my attention.
i dont know how well u'd go sharing notes because most of the topics are based around specific case studies. i suppose basic notes would be ok but who writes notes for geog on their comps? obviously not me lol. i prefer the old fashiond way of note writing, feather and parchment. oh yeh.

anyways, good luck to all!

adios and thanx for the tacos

enjoy this smiley spam as a token of my appreciation (of spam):spam:

rev-ise

HSC
OMG aaah! I've got my geography half yearly tomorrow! Two essays on Ecosystems:( and one on world cities and their role etc.
Freaking me out, i need to study for those essays i think.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
I have my geography (and 2U Maths) half yearly exam tomorrow as well. We've finished Ecosystems At Risk and are nearly about to finish Urban.
Also, at the end of year eleven last year we got to go to Cairns for a week (Great Barrier, Daintree etc) which was the best possible excursion/field trip =)

Good luck for those with exams.

And as for geo notes, mine are currently rather disorganised.

rev-ise

HSC
Unfortunately we couldn't get our excursion done because of a small number of people that could go, so we instead had to do a case study on the GBR.
Yeah, my geo notes are all over the place... and that doesn't help in studying for essays unfortunately.
How'd your exam go Sleiphnir? I think mine was pretty easy, except the essays as i've already mentioned were a little challenging.

ALLLICE

HSC
insanelysane said:
My class has finished urban places and we're nearly finished ecosystems at risk. We've done two assessments, including a case study on an intertidal wetland, and we have another one coming up this term. Great to see other ppl doing geography! How many ppl has everyone got in their classes? My school has one class of 11.
my school has 1 class of 9...its supposed to be the 1st senior geo class in 6 yrs or something. Everyones geo classes seem 2 b pretty small...

we've done ecosystems at risk and hav almost finished urban places..its nice to see that my class isnt the only 1 doing geo...but then it would b easier 2 get good marks...(i think). on that note everybody else should drop geography

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
hah, my exam went rather badly actually rev-ise, I get 20 mins extra time, so I was in the hall early, started the paper then had a panic attack so I left the hall and completed the exam elsewhere. The teacher left me in a room with my notes, I didn't cheat though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)