Votes: 4 26.7%
  • ok...

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • wtf was that?!!!...

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

~k8t~

:( did anyone else think that exam wat a bit CRAP!!

the essays were ok, but i studied heaps of case studies for nothing!...
wat do u think?:confused:

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Yeah on the whole, it was probably slightly harder than the previous two years.
The essay questions were a joke, in the sense they were generic and didn't test you on case studies and were so broad that even if you didn't know too much on a topic u could get away with Bulls#iting.....
The short answers focused far too much on skills, compared with previous years. And the vocation question was far too ambigious, they should never had put that in...

jackie

i absolutely hated it. there were way too many skills in it and i didn't even bother to study them as much as i should have. The question on the vocation i didn't even understand and wrote rubbbish about farming and soil salinity????

The essay questions were way too simple and the case studies i spent so much time studying were for no reason at all!

Ganwejmi

Yea I agree with the comments above. The essays were too general, especially the Economic Activity and mega cities - that one you can just make it up. I was a fan of the ecosystems essay though. The short answer focused too much on skills i reckon, there should be more actual meat in the test, like knowledge you have to know coming into the exam, syllabus dot points, not the skills. Having said that, i think i did okay...

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i did like the short answer section, didnt expect extended responses to be so easy.
by the way statistics show that skills is the most poorly answered section in hsc exams.

smegg

HSC
anyone want the mc answers: my teacher worked out the solutions after the exam
1-C
2_B
3_A
4B
5a
6b
7b
8a
9b
10c
11c
12d
13D
14d
15c

Trina85

HSC
Well from your answers..i got 10/15 but your qt 12 seems a bit wierd. I dont know how the % change could be 100?!?!
N e way...overall the paper was OK. I totally agree about essay qts, i forgot to study the simple broad things. I nearly ran outta time too!
OH well NO MORE GEOGS!

CMJ

HSC
Yes I agree, the essays were fairly simple.
For q12. I worked it out as the difference between 00/01 and 98/99 which =2500, divided by 98/99 which = 100%

smegg

HSC
so yes for question 14, the reason its north easy is that dude to tah fact that the river runs along the north into deltas, it must travel north easy, it can't be south esast because the source of teh water lies in the south and travels up...however with saying that, b could possibly be correct in that the topography of the mountain region could show an elevation slightly skewed, forcing the river to move south-east...best to wait for official answers...just a general idea though

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by ~k8t~
:( did anyone else think that exam wat a bit CRAP!!

the essays were ok, but i studied heaps of case studies for nothing!...
wat do u think?:confused:
ohh you didnt see my maths hsc that was real crap geography exam was nothing compare to maths 2 unit

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Yeah the Mathematics Exam was pretty tough, And I got Extension 1 Maths as well.....Arghhh...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
cant imagine how hard the maths exam musta been, i did the general maths exam today and even that was harder than my trial.......oops this is a geog thread not maths...sorry! :p

guy

HSC
Originally posted by Trina85
Well from your answers..i got 10/15 but your qt 12 seems a bit wierd. I dont know how the % change could be 100?!?!
N e way...overall the paper was OK. I totally agree about essay qts, i forgot to study the simple broad things. I nearly ran outta time too!
OH well NO MORE GEOGS!
when something doubles, there is a 100% increase

think about it, if you have a pie, 50% of that pie is a half
so to increase the pie by 50% you will have a pie and a half
100% of the pie is another pie
you know etc

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
Good luck Scut!!
Thanks Piccaninny,
3 unit Maths wasn't too bad, At least thats maths out of the way. And now to cap off a bad week I got Modern History tomorrow... Oh Dear...........

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
my best friend plans to come 1 st in state, her assesment marks 98 to 100, all depends how she will go tomorow in modern history exam. my history teacher came second in the state for modern history about 5 years ago

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
gees I wish I was getting those marks for modern history, 98 to 100......

Oh well 1 exam left, Economics, which is in 12 days time!!!! I wish it was sooner....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)