Geography. Exteneded Response Help. (1 Viewer)

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
Hey everyone.

I'm just wondering if you can give me some ideas about the following extended response question. I am totally lost.

"Explain how decision-making by individuals, groups or governments, is involved in addressing ONE of the geographical issues. . ."

Issue studied in class was Coastal Management.

If it seems in some way familiar, it is because it is Question 24 in 2005 SC Geography exam.

I thank you in advance.

bayan92

HSC
  • Government allowed development on headlands
  • Government/Council allowing building to be built so close to the beach

sukhmani

HSC
N/A
is there a particular place u have to talk about for coastal management ? eg mainly beach

sukhmani

HSC
N/A
well in that case u can say that the government has placed sand dunes and sea bees to prevent soil erosion.
government has placed fences areound sand dunes to prevent people from walking on it.
they ve placed bins around the beach to prevent litering etc.
feel free to ask if u need more help.....

sukhmani

HSC
N/A
oh yaa dont forget to mention that they ve put sign boards on the becah to inform people whats permitted on the beach and whats not.

bbyjessicax

HSC
"Explain how decision-making by individuals, groups or governments, is involved in addressing ONE of the geographical issues. . ."
Issue studied in class was Coastal Management.

ummms wells . at my school we did the colloroy area. and i rkn its a really good example for coastal management.
colloroy .. like the beach is heaps bad . and their are houses built practically on the beach . and like when the waves come on a really rainy day the sand gets taken away with the waves leavin` like no sand left under the houses. GG . LOL ANYWAYS .
so yeah . and the local council wanted to rebuild the stonewall to seperate the sand from the houses . stone wall = rocks in a long line along the beach. the waves wouldnt be strong enough to take the rocks right.. so yeah .
but then the local was like eff no. we dont want a stonewall . so they made a petition along the whole entire beach. like they were in a line saying no we dont want a effin stone wall . so the council didnt. instead they're doing beach nourishment etc.
uhmm so yeahhh .
decision making by groups makes a really big difference .
:)
i think that was no help ....
sorry ><

<3 jess .

2009 Yr10 subjects;

english, maths, science, civics, music , commerce, PDHPE, chinese. chyeah :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)