Geography Help please (1 Viewer)

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
Ok so maybe posting this now isn't the best time, because I cant exactly think clearly, and have no idea what Im asking, but, I need some notes on the topic or somewhere to look some things up so I can print it off and read over it later. In geography, whichever part of whichever topic covers human rights (like I said, I cant think at the moment) and the relations between the UN convention of 1971 (I think?) and all that other jazz, my class either skipped it, covered it breifly, or crammed it in right at the end because I honestly dont recall doing a thing on it.

Any assistance would be welcomed.

acevipa

HSC
Are you basically just asking notes on Australia in its regional and global context.

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
Ah thats it, thankyou. No, Im asking for notes about the human rights stuff IN that topic - something to cover everything, cause I seriously dont recall it at all..

Dimplez

HSC
lol your not alone...my teacher was like 'Human Rights and Reconciliation has a very likely chance of being your ext. response in sc' and I was like 'whaa?? I can't remember that at all'...lol I'm a hopeless wreck right now...

acevipa

HSC
Here are my notes. There's also some notes on Population. They're pretty comprehensive and detailed, though they should do the job. You don't have to remember everything, just take in a few points from each subheading. So for example, for human rights:
  • Definition of human rights
  • There are violations of human rights and freedoms. Human rights are not universally recognised in practice. Examples of violations include:
    • Torture
    • Genocide
    • Imprisonment without trial
  • Challenges for Australia in relation to human rights are:
    • Indigenous health
    • Racial discrimination
    • Rights of the disabled
    • Refugees and detention centres
  • Know a few strategies and some legislation and agreements, etc.
View attachment 15700

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)