• Coastal Management
  • Land and water management
  • Urban growth and decline
  • Spatial inequality
  • Waste management
I also want to know how to calculate in maps:
  • Latitudes
  • Longitudes
And could anyone give me notes on Australia's regional and global links with advantages and disadvantages of these links such as aid, migration, defence and trade?

Also need notes on ecological sustainability or could anyone explain what it means? I saw on the 2006 paper that there was a question about Australia's current population trends and you have to analyse their implications for the future.

Thanks.

militiaman

HSC
The links and issues are really stuff that is based on what your class studied, we didn't all do the same things. However, if your class didn't do it I've seen in the notes section a few people with their geography stuff.

Ecological sustainability (taken from the syllabus) - The ability to meet the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.

Take a look at the end of the syllabus and it has a glossary of many of the geography terms learnt this year.

Dimplez

HSC
Razizi said:
And could anyone give me notes on Australia's regional and global links with advantages and disadvantages of these links such as aid, migration, defence and trade?
Do we need to know advantages and disadvantages on all the links? I only did one-- trade...:confused:

super-shinobi

HSC
WOW! Thanks Kujah!! Thats alot of notes! But I doubt thats all?

What else do we need to know? My school makes us do History/Geo one semester per year so I cant really remember geo stuff that well since Im doing history right now.. do we need to refer to a school trip for geo?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
That could be part of the Geography Issues topic. I remember where we went to the Georges River for Land and Water management, and there was question in the trials that asked us about our methodology and descriptions of it.

super-shinobi

HSC
great... i cant really remember what we done on the school trip... just remember going to cockatoo island and around pyrmont... =S

Dimplez

HSC
wow acevipa...that is a lot of notes thanks heaps...do we need to know all of that though cause I'm getting worried...there's a lot I HAVEN'T done

acevipa

HSC
Don't get too worried. I'm just went a bit overboard with the notes. I'm aiming for band 6. Just read over it once or twice and try and understand it. You should do fine. You probably need to know only one or two points subheading. So if they asked you a question in the exam based on that, you should be able to remember it. So for example, if there was a question on current and future population trends you could basically talk about:
  • Population hit 20 million
  • Expected to increase.
  • Population growth depends on:
    • Fertility
    • Life expectancy
    • Net Overseas migration
  • Australia is an ageing population
  • This is due to:
    • Major medical advances
    • Improved living conditions
  • Recently there has been a decline in fertility rate
  • Australia's population density is 2.5 people/sq km
  • Aust's population distributed along coasts and in urban areas/capital cities (metropolitan primacy)
  • Internal Migration:
    • Intra-city
    • Rural-urban
    • Interstate
That would be plently. Just basically understand it, don't remember it (I think I asked that question once), know several facts, and you should do fine in your SC exam. Good luck.

Dimplez

HSC
Thanks heaps and good luck to you too :) I really want to get band 6s too so fingers crossed I don't blank during the exam...

F-O-B

HSC
Wow acevipa, i've been skimming through these threads.... I have to say, you've been giving great help!

Really appreciate it! :)
All the best.

bored of sc

HSC
georgeissa_1991 said:
Yeh hi can sum1 jus tell me sum diadvantages of trade??? Thanx
  • Cultural advantages of trade to Australia include an increase in globalisation (the breakdown of traditional barriers), promotion of multiculturalism through the importation of different nations’ cultural features, for e.g. American telvision shows, and the exportation of Australian culture (for e.g. surf culture, television).
  • Cultural disadvantages of trade to Australia include the loss of Australia’s indepedence in culture (by sharing it through exportation), the standardisation of different cultures (increased knowledge) as a result of globalisation means tourism is less of an adventure and a loss of cultural diversity (of Australia compared to the rest of the world) due to trans-national corporations and globalisation.
  • Economic advantages are obviously increased flow of trade means a stronger economic relationship with other nations and stronger overall economy. Other economic benefits include the reduction of trade barriers and growth of Australia’s TNC’s.
  • Economic disadvantages as a result of trade are the blatant social injustices and equity issues in developing countries (exploitation, unemployment) and Australia is to blame. (see NGO’s role)
  • Geopolitical advantages of trade is that Australia establishes healthy political links with neighbouring countries and thus strengthens harmony and good will between nations. Australia is geographically isolated and this means it is easier to control imports and exports and thus the flow of trade.
  • Geopolitical disadvantages include because Australia is geographically isolated, the movement of trade is more expensive (economic disadvantage too). Politically, Australia sometimes liberates (takes charge off trade) itself above other, less-developed countries and this is a vice because it leads to global injustices and an angry political climate.

militiaman

HSC
Got any ideas on what to write about cultural advantages and disadvantages for defence? For now all I've been doing is writing about social justice and equity instead, but I think I'll need to refer to cultural. Pretty stupid though.

All I can think of is that it protects our way of life (culture) from outside physical threats.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey.umm..lets see..

Air Quality: Effected by Topographical, Greenhouse Effect, Land Breeze and Sea Breeze.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)