• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Geography homework HELP! (1 Viewer)

Diala

HSC
N/A
Hey guys and girls!
I was wondering if anyone can tell me 6 benefits of the sydney olympics in 2000? For example.. transport, recreation etc etc!!
Thankyou!!

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Sydney Olympics eh?

Well, the development of the entire Olympic precinct at homebush would be a major one. That was a major development of international standard sporting faculties in GWS. I mean, the stadiums are frequently used now for not only major sporting events (ie NRL, International competitions) but also for the public too, such as Concerts and general access to places like the Olympic pool and the park itself hosts the Royal Easter Show annually now.

The area itself was actually wasteland/factories before it was developed, so it had a major impact on infrastructure and developments in the area.

The parklands also developed in the area have proved to be a significant wetland for native animals and plants. For example, a lot of observations have been done regarding the white bellied sea eagles thanks to them nesting annually in this area!

Some pages with more general info are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Olympic_Park,_New_South_Wales , http://www.sea-eaglecam.org/history.html

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but hopefully that helps you with some ideas :D

Diala

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much! All your points were perfect!!! Thanks lottts!!!!!!!!!

swoozie

HSC
good for the sydney as well as the australian economy

also

it showed of Australia to the rest of the world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)