Geography Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

dannyo1

HSC
Using an example, describe how nutrient cycling affects ecosystems.
How would you answer this?
Idk how many marks this is for but for a short short answer something like: In the Sydney Olympic Park Intertidal Wetlands, nutrient cycling is an ecological process which ensures ecosystem health through providing a biologically fundamental transfer of energy across trophic levels. For example, a biogeochemical cycle between the nutrient-rich mudflats and the roots of the wetlands' Grey Mangroves allows nutrients to enter the food chain which, when combined with thermal energy from the sun, enables Mangroves to undergo photosynthesis - promoting growth and eventual decay. In turn, an approximate 250 tons of mangrove detritus is spread across the wetlands - providing a nutrient-rich energy source for the entire ecosystem through its transportation via tidal flows, a process which supports the zonation of Eelgrass, Saltmarsh and small crustaceans such as Mud Crabs.

Anaya R

HSC
Idk how many marks this is for but for a short short answer something like: In the Sydney Olympic Park Intertidal Wetlands, nutrient cycling is an ecological process which ensures ecosystem health through providing a biologically fundamental transfer of energy across trophic levels. For example, a biogeochemical cycle between the nutrient-rich mudflats and the roots of the wetlands' Grey Mangroves allows nutrients to enter the food chain which, when combined with thermal energy from the sun, enables Mangroves to undergo photosynthesis - promoting growth and eventual decay. In turn, an approximate 250 tons of mangrove detritus is spread across the wetlands - providing a nutrient-rich energy source for the entire ecosystem through its transportation via tidal flows, a process which supports the zonation of Eelgrass, Saltmarsh and small crustaceans such as Mud Crabs.
This was 3 marks so you definitely hit the quota

Anaya R

HSC
Also I'm going to sound *really* dumb when I say this, but are locational factors just the ones that are specific to the area?

dannyo1

HSC
Also I'm going to sound *really* dumb when I say this, but are locational factors just the ones that are specific to the area?
I think they're just whatever factors about the location of ur enterprise affect its functioning. Mine is Grain Fed Beef so locational factors are access to water, soil composition, gradient of soil, access to grain, access to transportation networks, drainage capability, temperature range, rainfall etc

sprngregon

HSC
What sort of last minute studying are you guys doing tonight? I’m honestly so sick of studying so I think I’m just gonna sleep early…:argue:

cloud_berry

HSC
wait i don’t remember this, what is inter generational equity? Is it basically like stewardship/preserving stuff for future generations?

cloud_berry

HSC
What sort of last minute studying are you guys doing tonight? I’m honestly so sick of studying so I think I’m just gonna sleep early…:argue:
i only just actually started like an hour ago because i couldn’t stop daydreaming so i finally gave in and had some coffee, barely got through urban dynamics

safe to say i’m fucked

Anaya R

HSC
i only just actually started like an hour ago because i couldn’t stop daydreaming so i finally gave in and had some coffee, barely got through urban dynamics

safe to say i’m fucked
A lot of this stuff will probably be stored somewhere in your mind... and it's just the pressure of the exam that will force it out.
Also, please pray for my hand... I haven't done a 3-hour exam since Maths Ext 2 and that was an eon ago 😬😬

sprngregon

HSC
A lot of this stuff will probably be stored somewhere in your mind... and it's just the pressure of the exam that will force it out.
Also, please pray for my hand... I haven't done a 3-hour exam since Maths Ext 2 and that was an eon ago 😬😬
having bio and business back to back last week I just know my hand will start cramping after the first essay:angryfire:

cloud_berry

HSC
i hope so, i studied for geo all year up until trials so my only hope is that the info will come into my brain somehow
i think im gonna try skim through my notes before bed
also i feel like it should be fine, 3 hours is plenty of time unlike english where you have to cram in 3 essays in way less time

Anaya R

HSC
i hope so, i studied for geo all year up until trials so my only hope is that the info will come into my brain somehow
i think im gonna try skim through my notes before bed
also i feel like it should be fine, 3 hours is plenty of time unlike english where you have to cram in 3 essays in way less time
Yeah. Do that.
If you have any drastic issues, put it up and I'll help you tomorrow morning 😀
Goodnight geo homies!

cloud_berry

HSC
also what are we meant to bring? the only proper tool i have at home is a ruler

dannyo1

HSC
good luck have fun my friends!!

remember - economic restructuring is killing the small town 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)