Geography Sux! (1 Viewer)

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
Geography is probably one of the most enjoyable subjects. Learning about plants and animals, different ecosystems on this beautiful planet and how humans affect our environment is crucial to reflect upon the world we live in.

felixcthecat

HSC
wah, lotsa ppl enjoying geography lately on the forums :lol: geography is a pretty enjoyable subject~ and it's something immediately applicable in life.. unlike some other subjects where you rarely need it unless you're into a specific profession (besides from some geography topics such as nutrient cycling and energy flows...besides from using it to argue with your local council how environmentally sustainable the chemical waste dump you've produced in your backyard is..maybe..)

Last edited:

*Lozzie*

HSC
goliwog said:
I like geography too ... maths on the other hand is of the devil ... just like advocadoes which are green and godzilla looking.

While im at it Geography teachers tend to be funny ppl have you ever noticed that ? maths teachers are so lame ! hehe personal opinion of coarse
mmmmm ive noticed that too --- well about the geo teacher being funny people:rofl: and maths not so funny :sleep: as that is exactly how my geo and maths teachers are:)

i also full agree with the advocardo statement lol they arent very nice:rofl:

goliwog

HSC
mmmmm ive noticed that too --- well about the geo teacher being funny people:rofl: and maths not so funny :sleep: as that is exactly how my geo and maths teachers are:)

i also full agree with the advocardo statement lol they arent very nice:rofl:
hehe I like the way you think !

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
funnyperson1000 said:
Geography is probably one of the most enjoyable subjects. Learning about plants and animals, different ecosystems on this beautiful planet and how humans affect our environment is crucial to reflect upon the world we live in.
All I remembered was the human geography and that alone sucked.

bluto blaart

HSC
Geography is a great subject if you like thinking about the world in which we live. Key words are thinkg and world. Australia is a small country totally dependent on other countries for our defence, trade and culture. Know your country and your world.

We have a good teacher which helps. If you need help message me.:wave:

Campione

HSC
Firstly, Geography does actually link up to biology and chemistry through the topic ecosystems at risk. Urban Dynamics links up business studies as well as economics, but in a smaller way. Generally Geography may seem like a boring subject to some people. I personally enjoy it and honestly find it very easy, yes it is general knowledge, but hey isn't it better to earn a UAI of 99 instead of earning a UAI of say 93 in a harder subject such as Physics. What I'm saying is that the subject does count, but if you can achieve significant marks in say like Geography, where there is hardly a scale up or scale down at any certain mark then you could achieve better in it, because it's an easier subject. Remember you can always do bridging courses in University after you have your UAI. Don't think that necessarily the top students have the most extreme and intense subjects. Some do, but most place too much pressure on themselves to achieve what is beyond their capacity. Remember use easy subjects that will not scale badly. Make sure you enjoy them and that you can perform well in each subject.

funnyperson1000 said:
A perfect example is of funnyperson1000, who completed 4 Unit mathematics which has the highest scale up together with physics, he completed economics which scales up, 3 unit english and he complete Geography and his UAI was 97.25. This is kind of a rough example but he completed a relatively moderate subject, which is Geography.

Last edited by a moderator:

bvl

HSC
geography is possibly the most fun subject ever created. you ovbiously have a crappy teacher and/or no funny people in your class. plus yr 11/12 geo is the biggest bludge, and its easy. im maintaining like an 80% average without really trying. and so is the rest of my class. all 5 of us. :p

plus because of course requirements for fieldwork-tons of excursions. i've been on more geo excursions in the last year and a half than all other subjects combined.

johnnywalker

HSC
uberschveinen said:
You know what I love about people like this? They tend to fail their HSC exams in epic fashion. Perhaps you should tend to your own poor performance before attacking people who will do far better than you can ever aspire to.
LOLZ i like epic failures =]:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)