Geography V.S IPT? (1 Viewer)

R4diance

HSC
Hey guys :p

Here I am again with another question >.>
Recently I've been debating to myself whether or not to choose Geography over IPT. This is because of my recent drop in interest in doing IPT. (too many projects?)
Disregarding scaling, which would be a better choice? Curriculum and workload-wise? I'd say I enjoy all types of subjects (Maths, Science and Humanities) except Commerce and Business based subjects.

Any Pros and Cons about Geography? and IPT? :confused:

thanks again :p

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If you really like geography, then do geography.
But Geography is slightly commerce based so...

IPT is quite boring from what I hear. But everyone is different, so you may like it. I'd say the workload is the same in both subjects though.

R4diance

HSC
Would IPT be considered as a bludge-type subject? From what I've heard, people game all day in IPT.
I just don't wanna waste my time lol :/
I guess Geography it is :p

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Yeah people mostly do nothing and still do quite well. That doesn't matter though, everything must be studied and is important.

Kat92

HSC
Would IPT be considered as a bludge-type subject? From what I've heard, people game all day in IPT.
I just don't wanna waste my time lol :/
I guess Geography it is :p
IPT is certainly not a bludge subject by any means! You will reap the benefits if you work consistently hard throughout the year and have a love of looking into aspects such as databases and how different technological processes are carried out.

At the end of the day, the best advice I can give is, choose what you like and what you think may help in your future career. :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
IPT is certainly not a bludge subject by any means! You will reap the benefits if you work consistently hard throughout the year and have a love of looking into aspects such as databases and how different technological processes are carried out.

At the end of the day, the best advice I can give is, choose what you like and what you think may help in your future career. :)
I played computer games during IPT.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
My mates play Runescape in IPT
I envy them :(

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously IPT is mostly rote learning , you can even self learn it ..... Concepts are easy.

Simplice

rainbow burrito
HSC
If you want to learn useful stuff, go for geography - I've heard that it differs largely from the Stage 5 course and that it's rather interesting. Coming from a current IPT student, IPT is pretty pointless and mundane. It's just rote learning, applying, having some great bullshitting skills and taking apart CPUs. And that's pretty much why our school offers it to Year 9's as an accelerated HSC subject -> kind of indicates the level of cognitive skill you need.

But by all means, if you find interest in those things..do it! I have a friend who absolutely loves computers and programming she finds great, inconceivable joy from learning IPT. :blink2:

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to learn useful stuff, go for geography - I've heard that it differs largely from the Stage 5 course and that it's rather interesting. Coming from a current IPT student, IPT is pretty pointless and mundane. It's just rote learning, applying, having some great bullshitting skills and taking apart CPUs. And that's pretty much why our school offers it to Year 9's as an accelerated HSC subject -> kind of indicates the level of cognitive skill you need.

But by all means, if you find interest in those things..do it! I have a friend who absolutely loves computers and programming she finds great, inconceivable joy from learning IPT. :blink2:
PSh, IPT has barely any programming....

DancingAnz

HSC
Geography is my FAVOURITE subject in year 11 and 12! I originally picked it as the subject I would drop in year 12 but now I love it! It's useful and interesting, I study it all the time cause it doesnt even feel like studying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)