Geography (1 Viewer)

dreamer7

HSC
Hey, I need help with 'Australia's regional and global links with foreign aid'. It's going to be a 15 mark question in our trial exam and I have no idea where to start. Does anyone know any good resources/links that would help me out? Thanks.

P

pLuvia

ooo.. i had like a stack of sheets on that topic, but i threw it out. But didnt the teacher give you notes on it? there's like non - govt and govt aids such as world vision (non govt) lol.. i dont remember no more :p i think from memory australia gives out the most money to different countries like.. 5 million + more than USA i think

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Crap on for a while about how we sent billions to South East Asia, Iraq, etc. Oh, and don't get too bothered about the SC. It counts for nothing if you move on to Year 11 and 12, and Geography is the equal most useless section.

I_F

P

pLuvia

insert-username said:
Crap on for a while about how we sent billions to South East Asia, Iraq, etc. Oh, and don't get too bothered about the SC. It counts for nothing if you move on to Year 11 and 12, and Geography is the equal most useless section.

I_F
i dont think there was any question on that in our sc was there insert-username??

dreamer7

HSC
Normally I wouldn't care, but since our teacher actually TOLD us what the question will be, I figured I'd be stupid not to do a bit of research. He did give us some info, but he always puts them in these stupid activity booklets so it takes ages to sift through. God, how stupid is our school - yearly exams and trials start in the first week back from holidays.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I don't remember a question on Global Aid for our SC, kadill. But then again, I don't remember much of it at all...

Exams and trials first week back? Ouchie... what a way to ruin a holiday :(

I_F

dreamer7

HSC
Would any of you happen to know anything about fieldwork methods? I mean, I know some general stuff but I want to go into some more detail in order to obtain maximum marks in my trials.

hkgirl

HSC
im having my trials tomorrow, i think i will just talk about the iraq war? the aid link we sent there, the tsunami aid link that we are having and it could simply be just the trade links we are having with china =) well thats what im hoping will get me a pass mark.

P

pLuvia

Did the teacher tell you that it was going to be in the trials?? If so, god damn you're lucky to know the content :)

hkgirl

HSC
thats what i thought too!! if only my teacher spill some contents out =X but the field aint that wide, so i suppose it should be fine? gosh trials tomorrow! ><"

P

pLuvia

In my opinion the trials were WAY harder than the actual SC, I failed my trials and got 84 (band 5) in the SC. They marked really easy in the SC from my point of view.

Anyway, good luck hkgirl :p

hkgirl

HSC
kadlil said:
In my opinion the trials were WAY harder than the actual SC, I failed my trials and got 84 (band 5) in the SC. They marked really easy in the SC from my point of view.

Anyway, good luck hkgirl :p
thankyou, i will really need that goodluck of yours ><" i almost failed geography trials..band 2 i got. hopefully i can get at least band 4 =/ in the SC

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
hkgirl said:
thankyou, i will really need that goodluck of yours ><" i almost failed geography trials..band 2 i got. hopefully i can get at least band 4 =/ in the SC
u will

i slept through yr 7 --> 10, did no h.w no study and just bludged and still managed to get a band 5 (80) in geo :D

hkgirl

HSC
YBK said:
u will

i slept through yr 7 --> 10, did no h.w no study and just bludged and still managed to get a band 5 (80) in geo :D
hehe thanks. lets just Pray that i will get in band 4 at least..hopefully band 5! ><" im starting to panic now ><"

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
hehe i actually remember stuff from this topic - ok maybe more on trade but still :p

basically foreign aid can be in the form of tied aid (given for a specific purpose), untied aid (can be used by the gov of the country given money in any way it sees suitable), food aid, emergency aid, and technical assistance (self-explanatory :p). the official form of Aust foreign aid is ODA (overseas development assistance), which can be in the form of grants (outright tranfer payment) or loans (to be repaid with interest), and can be bilateral (from one country to another) or multilateral (through an international agency eg. the UN). NGOs (non-government organisations) also play a part, such as AusAID, CARE Australia, Red Cross etc. oh and sometimes banks give out aids too, with no or less interest (about time they do something nice like this amongst other ripping-off acts XP). and one last little thing (if all these stuff i've blabbed is actually relevant enough XP), the UN actually recommends 0.7% GDP of the developed countries as aid to others, but most don't meet the requirements. some even reduced their aid proportions, like Canada and France

as of fieldwork methods, for data collection you can combine use of primary sources (eg. interviews, taking photos, line drawings, taking samples of soil, water etc) and secondary sources (eg.research on internet, about previous similar cases), after which you'll need to process this data by methods such as graphing or putting it into a ppt presentation or whatever XP then you'd need to communicate this data (ie. your results/findsings, you can say that you presented it to the class or something, make it up XP), then draw a conclusion from your findings, and finally (this is what most ppl forget, apparently), an evaluation ie. improvements on investigation eg. methods.

hope that helped. or else i would have just been blabbing totally irrelevant/generalised stuff XP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)