Geometry Question (1 Viewer)

kawaiipotato

HSC
b) Draw a parallel line, parallel to both EF and CB through C.
The angle 'Y' will split up into two angles. Using your alternate angles (parallel lines), then the two angles are alpha and beta, which add up to angle 'Y'
Hence Y = alpha + beta
d) The converse of (b). Split up angle ADE into two by drawing a line (make it parallel to only ONE line, either AB or EF) through D. Make it parallel to, for example, AB. Using alternate angles, then one of the angle in ADE will be equal to alpha. Hence, the other angle must be beta. But angle DEF = beta. Therefore EF is parallel to line through D (alternate angles equal) which means it's parallel to AB

Arucerious

HSC
b) Draw a parallel line, parallel to both EF and CB through C.
The angle 'Y' will split up into two angles. Using your alternate angles (parallel lines), then the two angles are alpha and beta, which add up to angle 'Y'
Hence Y = alpha + beta
d) The converse of (b). Split up angle ADE into two by drawing a line (make it parallel to only ONE line, either AB or EF) through D. Make it parallel to, for example, AB. Using alternate angles, then one of the angle in ADE will be equal to alpha. Hence, the other angle must be beta. But angle DEF = beta. Therefore EF is parallel to line through D (alternate angles equal) which means it's parallel to AB
Ah thanks, I thought of constructing a line to do this question but I assumed that I was supposed to work with what I was given.

calamebe

HSC
I'm not too sure whether my answer is correct, also I'm not exactly sure what the question is asking for. I think that the angle the either the biggest it can be or the smallest it can be can keep getting infinitely closer to 0° or 180° (As if it is >180°, it will no longer be a convex polygon and if it equals 180°, then it will be a straight angle and therefore a triangle). So I wrote my answer as an inequality, though as i said I'm not entirely confident. Anyway here is my answer: m.imgur.com/VcBiHba

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)