• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

geomtery in hsc? (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
HSWAT3 said:
well why dont you just marry your gay teacher.
P.s im sure that last year in the exam we had a circle geometry question,pps...heaps dumb i got 97 in ext2
HSWAT, weren't you the one who was bragging about impossibly perfect marks you recieved during year 12?

Well, not that it matters to you, but your arrogance and rudeness completely cancels out any respect or admiration I would have had for your achievements (assuming that you did get them). Your comments are immature, unsophisticated and lack the intellect that is required to be who you claim you are.

Antwan23q

God
HSC
damn some people can be real bitches. anyways, i really really really hate circle geometry. i dont know, something about it. maybe the fact that there is way to many theorms to remember coped with the fact i dont know them. i dont know how some people do them. in tests i make up my own theorms (and fail horribly) whilest some of my freinds go yep you gotta use that one, that one and that one.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
o hahaha!
i remember now
man that one was hilarious
HSWAT isn't phatchance though. Phatchance is from my school. Confusing him with HSWAT is really an insult to him. :rolleyes:

shafqat

HSC
N/A
As others have said, circle geometry is often asked under harder 3 unit. They can be tough, so here are a few pointers:

-Know all theorems well, and do lots of practice.
-If stuck, leave it and come back at the end.
-Draw a really neat diagram, and preferably don't scribble over the exam paper one, because it can become obscured, and you wont be able to draw a new one accurately if you need to.
-Use all the information: they wont put in anything you wont use, therefore you can sometimes use information given as starting points, although they seem to be unrelated to the question.
-You can work backwords from given info, just like in inequalities. Eg if these angles are equal, then the arcs on which they stand must be equal, and so on.
-Look through the proof of some common results, eg incentre, circumcentre, and so on. Although they wont be asked in hsc, in trial papers they are. The example dreamerish gave is a common sort of question.

FinalFantasy

HSC
hahaha, but it's funny how when kadill posts, sometimes there's random ppl making these sort of comments.

Antwan23q

God
HSC
Maybe kadill is like one of those kids that everyone picks on for no reason.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Hmm...just a question with circle geometry:
Suppose you require the converse of a theorem to prove a result, can you simply give a reason such as "converse of the angle in a semicircle theorem", or do you actually have to restate the entire theorem in "reverse"?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
most of the theorems are in the syllabus in both ways, depends, guv us which one u are actualy refering 2......

P

pLuvia

dawso said:
most of the theorems are in the syllabus in both ways, depends, guv us which one u are actualy refering 2......
the theorems are easy to remember its just the annoyingness of always writing it, you know the answer it's drawn on the diagram, but producing it on paper is such a bitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)