German Beginners (1 Viewer)

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
only half an hour to go and i'm in the middle of my pre-german exam ritual of listening to rammstein :D

good luck everyone

vas y molo

I finished at 4pm.

I didnt study oops, but if i'd studied it would have been alot easier...der.

anyway, I thought it was pretty simple and straight forward, doesn't even feel like I sat through it.

My letter was pretty basic, I chose 13a, the penpal one.

It was like, hi, i hear you're coming to my school, where are you going to live in sydney, stay with me, choose the same subjects as me blah blah blah.

meh, it was ok I guess. :)

dean2005

HSC
hey i did that beginners german exam today. it was sooooooooooooo easy!!!! the listening was a little more tricky but the reading and writing was easy as anything. i did the letter 13(b) :)
does anyone know how many ppl in the state do beginners german?

elisabeth

HSC
No idea. Do you guys reckon it was easier than last year? What were your questions? I think continuers was far better than last year. More interesting too. Our reading bit was partly about East German men and West German women in love :)

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
dean2005 said:
does anyone know how many ppl in the state do beginners german?
its a bit over 100 people i think, a very small candidature. my class is 12 people and our teacher said we make up roughly 10% of the state.

the listening was easy, it didn't even have a spelling or phone number question which we thought was a bit weird.

the reading was pretty random. the longest one was about a girl who was surprised that her parents approve of her boyfriend with green hair and a nose ring but she's losing interest in him.

the letters were either write to your german penpal who's coming to your school next year and explain why they'd probably like it, or write to your german penpal about a farewell party you've been to recently.

pretty straightforward stuff. i'm expecting a high mark. too bad about my speaking exam earlier in the year being on the same day my extension 2 major work was due :(

the_thomasu

HSC
yeah, pretty sweet exam, strange how there weren't any numbers or spelling.

I shared your ritual Ben, but I was listening to Megaherz.

There are 146 students enrolled in German Beginners in 2005, 82 of which are males, 64 of which are females. Orara makes up 8.9% of the candidature :D go regional centres!

I chose 13b, wrote a good load. Although I made a silly mistake in not exactly checking over my letter to thoroughly at the end... hopefully I didn't make to many errors. I often start a sentence, and by the time I get to the end of it I forget that I'm supposed to drop in the verb or seperable prefix, or something.

I start university German first semester next year, bring it on!

Alles Gut!

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
yay...way to increase the class pool of marks, tommykins :D

i'm sure your letter will be up to its usual standard of awesomeness. do you have to do any bridging courses for german at uni or are you starting at the equivalent of beginners level?

Last edited:

highly_strung

HSC
Did anyone else laugh at the bit in the listening about the frozen toilets? I was trying soooo hard not to crack up and laugh hysterically. Whole exam was pretty easy I thought, our teacher told us before we went into the exam that statistically it's easier to score more marks with the cue-line writing things so I did q12 c&d.
Viel Glueck meine Lieblings!

the_thomasu

HSC
No bridgings at uni. They acknowledge the HSC course as fulfilling such and such of their course, so I'd be starting in basically what is continuers German. As time goes on my elective options expand and I will have the oportunity to do up to six units of German if I wanted.. along with 4 other elective units which must be directly related to my degree (i.e. business subjects), pretty sure thats how it goes... But I don't know if I really want to fill my entire 6 units with German, wouldn't mind studying else cool like... cognitive science or.. dunno, some arts subjects.

I haven't looked into it that deeply yet, I just know that I can start German in the very first semester of year 1 (so long as I intend to major in 'International Business' I believe..). Oh yeah, plus I have to get into my first preference ... :-/ .... I will do it. Confidence confidence confidence. Not really worried to much about what happens next year, I will just take what I'm served, but of course I have preferences ;)

Anyone else intend to continue their German learning? Ich habe vor, mein Deutsch zu verbessern.

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
If UAI is suitable, I want to do BA(lang) and do German there. Else just do it via a normal arts degree. And I'm going on a yr long high school exchange next year, which should be awesome. I will come back babbling German brilliantly, I hope :D

dean2005

HSC
hey, i was just wondering if you guys thought that the german beginners exam was harder than your trial? do any of u think you could top the state?
what mark do you recon ull get for the course?

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
dean2005 said:
hey, i was just wondering if you guys thought that the german beginners exam was harder than your trial? do any of u think you could top the state?
what mark do you recon ull get for the course?
i found it easier than the trial. i probably would have had a chance at topping the state but i think my speaking exam will count me out of it. no idea what the final mark will be though! hopefully something sexy

miapants

HSC
haha yeah, listening to rammstein was basically my practise for the trial and hsc... good on me. i plan to be studying in germany in 2008, which is going to be awesome... rock am ring in july, oktoberfest in september, voting angela merkel out, rocking halloween gigs at bran castle in romania, HIM touring after releasing their next album in 2007... i've given this alot of thought

the_thomasu

HSC
If only Rammstein's new album came out about a week earlier to listen to in lead up to exams. I got it the other day.. pretty good, to me they are losing the charm I used to feel from them. I don't know what's going to happen to Megaherz now either, seeing their lead singer has recently left. :-/

I might bump into you in Germany in 2008. You seem to be more definately planned though, I'm only intending and/or hoping to study/goto Germany during uni as part of my course or after uni as part of a Europe tour.

Gute Reise ;)

elisabeth

HSC
Hey, I completely forgot about Rosenrot! It's out? Ok, I'm going out to buy that now :D I know what you mean though, I like them a lot still, but the first album I got (Mutter) will always be the best... the classics...

miapants

HSC
yeah, the older stuff just seems more raw... but rosenrot is still a pretty awesome record! it's like HIM's new record dark light, they're never going to come out with another razorblade romance, but it still kicks ass! mad props to anyone else who's going to see them in march!

elisabeth

HSC
I just went out to buy it... wtf? Is it not out in AU or something? HMV, Sanity etc. didn't have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)