German Continuers (1 Viewer)

smart86

HSC
I thought the listening and responding questions were nice, and reading and responding was good too, had to look up a lot of words for the second source tho, hopefully didnt mess up my writing too bad:)

lisztphisto

HSC
RaymondAllotta said:
Just like to gather people's thoughts on today's HSC german exam.
haha to 'RaymondAllotta,' why don't you tell us how you went??? :confused:

i saw you in german speaking and i thought you looked pretty nervous and looked as if you were going explode!!...HAHA.. just my opinion.

as for me, i reckon it was pretty easy, finished 15 minutes before so i checked over all my work.

overall a fun exam, gonna miss german,, wait... theres german ext woot!

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
this exam was actually fun

also, the familiarisation piece. i hate that. so much. ha. ha.

but yeah if in a couple years, you find a band 3 answer makes reference to guitar-shaped pools and the french as surrendermonkeys (Kapitulationaffen?)

it was me =O

LILSandy

HSC
i found the exam quite easy, nothing out of the ordinary. but did anyone else have a three hour modern exam before? three people at my school, including me had it and i also have problems with the muscles in my arm and cant write for longer than 30min without losing all my strength so with my break time and extra time with a scribe i didnt get out of modern until 1:20 and then had german at 2 and wasnt done till 5:30. i dont understand how the board of studies expects people to perform their best in exams when they have two 3hour exams in one day:confused: luckily german was the second one thought i dont know how i couldve done modern as my second exam.

bisento

HSC
Yep, Modern before German. What a pain, 6 hours of exams.

bratwurst

HSC
I had Modern and German the same as well. Having to chow down some lunch and get the horrible modern exam out of my head. :burn:
I think the questions for the writing was pretty simple, I did A for the first one about writing an email to an exchange student who's coming to stay with you and for the second one I did B about writing a diary entry on the last exam of HSC.

What did everybody else do?

I also thought the reading and responding was tricky by the HSC markers with the emails, cause you have to answer the questions in the first email, but you have to answer them so you can get the responses in the third email. Did everybody agree with Carola and go to France in the end? I told her she was a dumb dog and should stop bossing people around and telling them what to do on their holidays.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Band 6.

mickoz

HSC
another modern + german case here. totally agree though that it was better to do modern first - that was just a killer writing wise.

I told Carola i had a lot of urgent golf and knitting to do over the holidays but ended up agreeing to come if she gives me half her salary

ballyy

HSC
i also had modern. so did half our german class. ick.

i told carola i was going to brussels and i dont like kids anyway so ner to her.

did anyone else do option a for the last writing task? everybody in my class did b.. i thought a was much easier. reflective writing makes me feel uneasy.

darcski

HSC
I did (a) for the first writing and (b) for the second, always good to avoid the "persuasive" ones for me.
I thought the 4 emails question was really different and more difficult than previous years, I told Carola where to go too haha.
Did anyone else notice in the listening how many more "global" questions (how/why) there were than previous years? Few of those in the reading/responding too.
I thought the exam was fairly easy, used the dictionary alot but still finished with 15min spare.
Anyone plannin on German at uni? :p

HSC
listening was ridiculously easy...maybe because it was my teacher that was in it?
yeah, i did a, and then b...which i think its better to do the slighty harder questions because i was always told that the harder questions are marked differently and you get brownie points for choosing it instead of the shit easy one

HSC
listening was ridiculously easy...maybe because it was my teacher that was in it?
yeah, i did a, and then b...which i think its better to do the slighty harder questions because i was always told that the harder questions are marked differently and you get brownie points for choosing it instead of the shit easy one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)