Germany and Arab-Israeli help (1 Viewer)

rude

hi everybody

for German section, what events should be included in RISE AND CONSOLIDATION OF NAZI PARTY (i have rough idea but i would like to read from other modern historians)

for Arab-Israeli, i am LOST. what are the important parts of this topic?? e.g.involvement of US and USSR??? problem with palestinian refugees??????

please help

thanks in advance

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
For Germany include:
Night of the Ling Knives
Hindenburg's death & the passing of the 'Enabling Act'

My brain is fried, i'll think of more later.

Alexander

Gold Member
Start around munich putsch. Finish round chancellorship.
Dont just include EVENTS (as ive learnt) but IDEAS (like prpaganda, party structure etc. etc.)
More events = political intrigue (papen etc.) underestimation, right-wing conservative Germany.
Economy breeds disorder + discontent (1923, 1929)
Weimar weak and pressured +bad constiution.
Versailles

s2ophie

HSC
As everyone else has said, basically the politics of the period. KNow your chancellors (papen was the hat without a head etc)
Also know the depression, hyperinflation etc - the things that drove people towards extremist parties.

i hope that helps!

superfly

Well im doing Arab Israeli and basically you need to know the whole topic - you cant just study select periods. The problem with this topic is the amount of dates and the names and all the political and military rows occurring, and then on top of that you need historiography! AARRGGHH
It is a major benefit to go back over your work from yr 11 (assuming you did the years leading up to 1948, say from 1880 or so) so you understand the Balfour Declaration and all that. See you cant just explain one part of the crisis because everything that occurs in the topic is a result of something in the past. This is why you need to know the major things like the wars, and the less significant things. For example you cant explain why Israel attacked Syria in the 6-day war without going back to the early 60's and explaining how Syria bombed Jewish settlements in the Galilee - and then you need to understand why they were bombing them!

The intervention of the superpowers has to be mentioned because it was a source of inactive confrontation during the coldwar. This all leads into the peace treaties and then into the refugee problem and so on, so on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)