Germany - Hitler + Nazi Racist Policies (1 Viewer)

p342i

HSC
How did everyone find this question?

Personally I thought it was great because it allowed you to go into the theoretics of Nazism; a really intellectual question rather than a content based one.

imbo007

HSC
I really liked it... got to evaluate the Führer myth at the same time as talking about racial policy. Good for quoting historians - unless of course I did it wrong. hahaha.

namdog

HSC
yeah i found this pretty good. I really had no idea whether to do a) or b), because i really liked them both!

I chose this one in the end, because i thought i could write a lot more on it.

MajestyofRock

HSC
YEah pretty tasty, wasn't what i expected but still good, what did everyone talk about in it cos really theres a variety of stuff you could have mentioned

p342i

HSC
Well, I think it was hard to take a definite side [as historians still feverishly argue over this today]. I therefore decided to present both sides to invite discussion and conversation. I effectively had three parts.

1) Motivations for Racial Policy

I talked about the motivations behind Nazi persecution of the Jews and other minorities; effectively putting it down to their attempts to fulfull ideological aspirations:

- Racial Purity/Social Darwinism: to purify the Aryan race they needed to remove the 'Jewish Parasite'

- Recovery of the Will: in uniting the Germanic peoples, explusion of untermenchen was necessary

- Lebensraum: in the process of acquiring German living space, they needed to dispossess the pre-existing Jewish majorities in places such as Czech, Poland, Eastern Europe in general

Therefore in the DEVELOPMENT of the Nazi racist policies, centred around the fulfillment of an ideology; these motivations are particuarly reminescent of Mein Kampf, where similar ideas are expressed. This therefore suggests that Hitler was responsible

2) Implementation of Racist Policies

I said that the implementation reflected the motivations. Namely that they adopted a policy that intended to isolate Jews from society in an attempt for force their emmigration. I elaborated on this, will all the things they did, boycotts, removal from workforce, Nuremberg Laws etc... (there were heaps I mentioned) When I came to the Night of Broken Glass; I said that it was historical belief that this event was orchestrated by Goebbles in an attempt to win back the Fuhrer's favour after a rift had formed between them due to one of Goebbles' numerous affairs with German actresses. Therefore, this event at least is not attributed to Hitler, and therefore brings into question his responsibility concerning the widen Nazi racist policies

3) Interpretations

I essentailly put forth four different interpretations concerning this issue; augmenting to my above contrast between sections 1 and 2. They are as follows"

- Intentionalist:
That the racial policy directly involved the consent of Hitler. That is was planned and calculated as evidenced by Mein Kampf which clearly outlines the same aims that were imposed in Semetic persecution.

- Structuralist:
Essentiallly that the racial policy did not directly invovle Hitler, but was rather a consequence of the chaotic structure of the Nazi regime. The law of the jungle that Hitler imposed resulted in ambitious bureaucrats, acting via racist policies in an attempt to gain Hitler's favour; as this was the only catalyst for promotion. Therefore, Hitler is not responsible.

- AJP Taylor:
That it didnt involve Hitler. That the policy was not planned or calculated, that Mein Kampf cannot be considered evidence of the consistence of Nazi racial policy as it is not an offical document and is outdated. That Hitler was an opportunist and improviser.

- Alan Bullock:
That Hitler had an ultimate goal he wished to achieve, but that his method of achieving it was totally improvised. In effect, Nazi racist policies was a byproduct of the increased radicalisation of the Nazi regime, the necessity for an enemy that the NSDAP found in the Jewish community.

So I therefore concluded in the contrast of each opinion. I didnt make a definitive conclusion as I think it would be immature, and worth less than the paper it was written on. Instead I finished by saying that the extent to which Hitler is responsible is still unknown, but that the consequences of these policies is.

How good is it to end of a self righeous, morally inflated note [even when its complete bullsh!t as is the case with most arguments pertaining to the Holocaust]

Joel99

HSC
No one gives a fuck about your dick waving contests. Seriously if you think you did well post this: "I think i did well." Not HAI GUYS LOOK HOW BIG MY DICK IS

p342i

HSC
Joel99 said:
No one gives a fuck about your dick waving contests. Seriously if you think you did well post this: "I think i did well." Not HAI GUYS LOOK HOW BIG MY DICK IS
If you dont care, then why bother making a post? Plus, Joel, this forum is suppose to allow students to discuss and compare answers; hence why people post their responses - why would anyone bother just saying that they thought they did well?

I would call you a fag, except I'm better than you, and so will abstain from such a comment.

tealee222

HSC
his info was really helpful actually. keep posting things like that thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)