Get 100% in the English exam, trust me ;) (1 Viewer)

Futuristic

This year Inaburra High School in Sydney's Sutherland Shire has added a Literature Festival featuring HSC and other famous authors to assist students with HSC preparation.

Speakers will include: Melina Marchetta (Looking for Alibrandi), Les Murray, John Misto (Shoehorn Sonata), Peter Skrzynecki, Shakespeare expert Dr Wendy Michaels, Stephen measday, children's authors Kim Gamble and Anna Fienberg and humourist John Larkin.

Tickets to attend part or all of the literature festival are only $15 (this is damn cheap compared to those lectures you can go to in the city that feature experts like these). Call John Wallace on 9543 2533 for tickets or email me for some info.

Lazarus, do u give this event ur approval?

Alex

INABURRA. I HATTEEE INABURRA. A bunch of kids from there decide its fun to throw rotten fruit around in the bus and when I get shitty at them they find it even more fun. LITTLE INABURRA BRATS!

No offence intended to any respective members of the great community school known as Inaburra.

Futuristic

Alex: that happens to u 4 real. Dont worry, there wont be any punks like that at the literature day, only ppl of the highest intelectuousness, or something, like me.

dissonance

ha, we had Les Murray come talk to our school last term. His really good...not really for learning stuff but he's got some cool opinions about everyone.

For instance...he was putting together something like "the oxford book of Australian poetry" Gwen Harwood got all pissed off because the one poem of hers he decided to include she didnt think was at all representative of her writing......ie. he purposefully put a shit one in there casue he doesn't like any of her writing....

For anyone that is doing Seamus Heaney for ext.1 he also had the opinion that he's be much happier if he was dead and buried since it seems the deeper he goes into the ground the happier he is...

He seemed to know or at least have meet every famous writer...and wasn't afraid of sharing he personal opinion of them with us.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
yeah, when is it, and is it a Q and A type thing?
Also, how do u get there from City?

Futuristic

yea its from the 30th-31st of August. The one ticket allows you to go to both days. The exact location of where the event is being held is Bodalla Crescent, Bangor NSW 2234. Just head south from the city.

Futuristic

U will definately have ur chance to ask questions but it is mostly going to be like a lecture style. The speakers will be asking about HOW to right about change in the exam, which is what er need to know. This event will start from the 30th till the 31st of August.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hmmm... it sounds good.

I think I'll add a small notice on the front page about it.

Sari

speaking as an inaburra person here . . . i posted about this on here months ago, and on the DC forum lazarus, and got no response, so it's awesome to hear people interested now.

i don't know what it is going to be like really, i don't know how helpful it will be, but i just think it'll be worth coming cos its interesting to hear all those people talk.

and whoever that was - i agree, inaburra little kids on buses are horrible. i catch the buses every day and i promise i know EXACTLY what you mean.

God bless all and come to this - it shall be fun:)

P.S. who is posting this information from inabura?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I don't think this website was up and running at the time you posted it on the DC forum. =) Although I vaguely recall skim-reading it.

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
Where is it?

Where exactly is this forum. I would like to go, but how to get there is a major problem.

Sari

It's at bangor . . . which is near sutherland, i guess. You'd have to catch the blue line from the city to sutherland, or the east hills line to padstow, and from either of those stations catch a bus to bangor, to the shopping centre, and from there walk down a pretty big road (meaning its hard to miss) called billa road til u get to inaburra.

its kind of complicated . . . but there was a phone number posted awhile ago, give that person a call if ur interested and he'll tell you about tickets, etc.

bacco|007

Originally posted by dissonance
ha, we had Les Murray come talk to our school last term. His really good...not really for learning stuff but he's got some cool opinions about everyone.
Les Murray as in the voice of Australian Soccer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)