Get into UNSW Engineering with an ATAR of low 80s? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
for engineering you'd wanna consider unsw, usyd, uts, and uow.

uow has good industry links.
uts has awesome internship. 6 months internship (work experience) is very attractive for potential employers, they know that you've had half a year worth of experience (compared with about 3 months thats required for unsw).
unsw is just awesome altogether (biased), and is near the city.
so is usyd (the 'near the city' bit, dunno about its awesomeness).

barsa

HSC
wat about uws? is tht a good uni for engg??

barsa

HSC
ohhhh daym i thought i would hav gotten into uws, but even if i get into uow, i dnt think my parents wuld lemme go tht far
craaapppp nyways!! i think i'll probs try n aim for uts or usyd coz i think the atar for unsw is pretty high this yr!!
anyways thnks for all ur help mate! i really appreciate it :D

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
dont worry about what the atar is! just apply anyway, put it in order of preference, so if you want unsw as top pref but dont think you'll get the atar, put it in anyways. Whats the worst that could happen? You dont get top pref and you get second pref instead. If there're vacancies then you may still make it in.

barsa

HSC
yiiiiiiiippppppppiiieeeee
thnk uuu sooo mcuh!! u made me happy hehehehe!! :D

KD

HSC
N/A
Sorry to be the negative one on this, but with the current demand for Civil it is very unlikely that you will get into UNSW through FEAS without extension maths and at least one science. By all means apply but have a good backup plan.

barsa

HSC
Sorry to be the negative one on this, but with the current demand for Civil it is very unlikely that you will get into UNSW through FEAS without extension maths and at least one science. By all means apply but have a good backup plan.

oh no but m doing physics and bio and ext maths! so its all good :D

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I disagree.

UAIs are inflated, few mates with 80's got in easily.

barsa

HSC
I disagree.

UAIs are inflated, few mates with 80's got in easily.

its easy to get in, with 80s, but if they dnt do ext maths or physics or something, they might struggle in uni.. i'm guessing hehehe

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
its easy to get in, with 80s, but if they dnt do ext maths or physics or something, they might struggle in uni.. i'm guessing hehehe
Not really physics, but you're making it hard on yourself if you don't do 4unit.

3unit will suffice but everything is pretty much 'learning new stuff' in first year rather than revision if you did 4u.

barsa

HSC
Not really physics, but you're making it hard on yourself if you don't do 4unit.

3unit will suffice but everything is pretty much 'learning new stuff' in first year rather than revision if you did 4u.

interesting!! thnks for the tip! appreciate it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)