• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Getting 100 is possible right? (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
Originally posted by AK Gumbi
Im not quite sure if i get u there, Lobster...?
Using projectiles, u derive all the normal eqns, and then do a number of simultaneous eqns, and substitutions, and then finally arrive at the answer (i cant remember exactly how many because i did it like 6months ago :)). But my soln is quite similar to ND's soln (if i remember correctly).
But my tutor did it by using some method involving the adv props of a parabola, and frankly, i cant exactly remember it now.
My 2nd solution is based on the general parabola.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
i actually find it quite alright to study a new topic in maths by myself... the only thing that can make u go better in the topic is a different approach to questions or exercises by teachers and some examples or harder qns given by teachers...

i always find it better to do the topic myself first (even if i might forget it) then doing it again in class with a teacher.
Yeh i'm the same, i did everything by myself.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Yeh i'm the same, i did everything by myself.
I always waited for the teacher to do the topic, then I spent my free time doing the harder stuff from the topic. Go figure.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Well when you study for ext2 wouldnt you also be studying for harder ext1 which should set you up quite nicely for the ext 1 exam.
True... and as someone said b4
q7 in the 3u exam is pretty tricky
so studying ext2 type questions will definitely help with that :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
heh but then if q7 of the ext1 paper is of ext2 difficulty, i doubt many non-ext2 takers are capable of doing q7... now that doesnt make much sense.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
It's not really. People just seem daunted by it because they think "OH MY GOD IT'S QUESTION SEVEN!"

That's why my 2002 2 unit results weren't that good, I got scared before I did the paper.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
heh but then if q7 of the ext1 paper is of ext2 difficulty, i doubt many non-ext2 takers are capable of doing q7... now that doesnt make much sense.
of course it doesn't... but to me question Q7 of 3u is much harder than the first 4 questions of 4u, because most of them stuff at the beginning of 4u is just basics that any sort of good math student can do easily just by knowing formulas.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
of course it doesn't... but to me question Q7 of 3u is much harder than the first 4 questions of 4u, because most of them stuff at the beginning of 4u is just basics that any sort of good math student can do easily just by knowing formulas.
Very true. Yosu could probably get more than 10/15 for each of the first four section knowing the basics, and being error free.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
And if u basically get the first 4 Qs out, error free (harder than it sounds), u should have around the average mark in 4U, and u dont have to even attempt the next 4 (altho it is recommended u do so :))

ND

HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Very true. Yosu could probably get more than 10/15 for each of the first four section knowing the basics, and being error free.
Not me: i got 9/15 for q1! :rofl: :eek:

edit: oops, missed the "error free" bit.

ND

HSC
Not 6, just 2; one was at the beginning of a 4 marker (the last q), and one was in the partial fractions part (apparently 15/5=/=5), which carried on to the next part.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by ND
Not 6, just 2; one was at the beginning of a 4 marker (the last q), and one was in the partial fractions part (apparently 15/5=/=5), which carried on to the next part.
what the hell is this "15/5=/=5"?... umm me not very familiar with notations... but don't tell me, i haven't seen the 03 paper yet, im saving it for when the marking guidelines come out so i can do a trial run to gauge my abilities. :D

bad luck with your first section, did you go ok with the other parts, what did you end up with your hsc mark? :)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
WHOA! doing the first four questions error free gives you the average mark? What band is that, approx?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by GuardiaN
WHOA! doing the first four questions error free gives you the average mark? What band is that, approx?
well for 2003 the average hsc mark was 80 and the average scaled mark was 88. :)

math is not that hard i guess... i can get that mark now i think :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)