getting 90.00+ (1 Viewer)

steban

violin dude
HSC
i know someone who did similar subjects (similar as in scaling wise), and he scored a 90 sumthin. just study, and aim for 90+ marks for all your subjects and your bound to get a UAI of 90+

fraysofcomfort

HSC
my subjects currently are;

x english advanced
x extension english
x mathematics 2
x business
x software design & development
x visual arts
x visual design , which apparently is non uai meaning i have to drop it.

Well to the question, my goal uai is 90.00+ , is it a good chance of getting that possible mark with my subjects? However,
if i dont get the marks in extension english this year im thinking of dropping it too.
My cousin told me i could take a distinction course though i dont have any clue what it is. what is a distinction course?
I did have extension 1 maths before i thought i wouldnt be able to take it, i guess i was wrong.

this is my first post here so yeah :D

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
in future, would you mind typing in a bigger font
that would be much appreciated

anyways, first of all, it is possible to get a 90+ UAI with any subject combinations
youve just started preliminary, so i wouldnt worry too much about it yet, but i guess work hard this year to get you prepared for yr12 next year
good luck

fraysofcomfort

HSC
sorry bout the font.

thanks for the advice, and though its pretty
early in the prelim course
i'd like to make sure i would be
able to reach my goal .

still hope to hear from others, on their view on my question :)

karennjack

HSC
Hey -- I'm also aiming for a UAI of over 90,
I know that's going to be difficult for me due to the subjects I've chosen (all humanities) but that isn't going to stop me from working my butt off and reaching my goal of over 95. (The course I want to get into is non-UAI based but I still want to be able to say..."Hey- I got THIS in my HSC")

My subjects are:
English Adv
Ancient History
Modern History
Drama
Society and Culture
TVET Media-News Journalism
I dropped Extension English because it was too much work with my TVET courses and histories.

The TVET course will help me get into CSU's Journalism course, but after signing up with the course I discovered it was non-UAI based (completely threw me as I don't really want to continue Ancient) subject so I'm sticking to 12 units next year (the course gets me time off Uni).

Does anyone know someone who went through a similar problem, and completed the same/all humanities subjects but still managed to get a UAI of over 90?

Also, can someone tell me when do rankings in courses matter? Year 11 or year 12?

Thanks!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I'm doing

Maths Ext
Eng Ext
Ancient History (i will drop)
Physics
Economics
SOR1 (i WISH i could drop this one)
Maths
Eng Adv

So if i get over 90 in these subjects, i reckon i'm looking at a possible 95+ :D

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
S1M0 said:
I'm doing

Maths Ext
Eng Ext
Ancient History (i will drop)
Physics
Economics
SOR1 (i WISH i could drop this one)
Maths
Eng Adv

So if i get over 90 in these subjects, i reckon i'm looking at a possible 95+ :D
No way.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
S1M0 said:
Hmm...wouldn't economics, physics, and maths ext + eng ext pull my marks up?
I really should have said "NO WAI". It would have communicated my inherent sarcasm better.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
bringbackshred said:
I really should have said "NO WAI". It would have communicated my inherent sarcasm better.
Yeah it would've lol.

[/sarcasm] helps as well.

HSC
yeah its really good imo. its one of the best in terms of graduate employment (one of the highest in the country), its got a low student to teacher ratio (at other unis you tend to be just another number, less like that at uow), its in a really good location (convenient if you catch the train, no less convenient in comparison to usyd) and its got one of the nicest looking campus' as well, although usyd looks nicest imo. its won lots and lots of awards too.

cs01001

HSC
tamaranadine said:
awww.. I'm sorry, its not you, just the uni.

but seriously, is it an ok uni? ideally I'd prefer USYD, but thats going to be near impossible as I want to do law.
Is law entry requirement actually a lot lower in UOW? Plus is Enadine or however you spell it located near UOW? Sorry for my ignorance :(

HSC
engadine is in the southern suburbs of sydney. kinda near sutherland and cronulla and all that. its relatively convenient to go to both uow or usyd. about 40 min by train?

90.00 was this years cutoff for UOW law. Dropped from 91.00 last year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)