part time / full time?
how much do you get paid hourly?
how much hours / wk?

im curious as to what hsc graduates and uni students work as

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im not currently working but im trying to get a job at dick smith powerhouse as a casual

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i work as a full time student

13 hrs a wk

i manage to make it 40 hrs particular this season :D

Bobcat

HSC
do you work? - yes
if so, tell me:

what do you do? - make burgers
part time / full time? - part time
how much do you get paid hourly? - a measely 8.87 or something (17 yrs old)
how much hours / wk? - my mum only let me work 8 hours permanent a week, cause of school and all. But more shall be done know

mishka

HSC
N/A
* i work at Kmart and at a records management place
* i'm casual at both
* i get paid $11.63 ($16.47 Sundays) at Kmart and $13 at the other place
* recently none, i took a break for about 3 weeks... but now i'm getting about 10-15 at Kmart and 12 at the other place... good for chrissy!! :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I JUST got home from an interview at a bowling alley...

I'm going for trial shifts atm.

Night, 6pm-9pm me thinks... weekdays.

Dunno about the pay yet. Should be okay.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I finished the HSC a week ago from today and im about to sell my soul to the devil - The National Australia Bank - for a year.

I'm a Bank Teller

It's temporary work for a start, then fulltime next year

$22 an hour as a temp, $18 when I go to full time

38 hours a week

I'm also looking at the prospect of working two jobs next year because I got offered some work at Just Jeans too, but its impossible to have two full time jobs. I think Just Jeans would be funner work but the bank pays far better. Plus, Melbourne University have their own National Branch so hopefully once i get to Uni I'd be able to work there....

neuro_logik

HSC
I'm not doing anything except programming and watching movies.

I'm looking for a casual chirstmas position, I applied for 3 casual positions at IKEA, EB and some Gadget store.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
i need a job bad- but i dont know how to, nor do i want to work- i just want the money
You'll know how to work. They train you. And you already, I assume, have good social skills etc. You'll be okay.

I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!

And the "not wanting to work"... yeeaaahhh... thatd be sweet.... free money is always good :D

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
I have a job, been there for 13 months now. Yep that's right, I kept my job throughout all of yr 12

what do you do? barista/pastry etc at Gloria Jeanes
part time / full time? part-time
how much do you get paid hourly? $9.70 (17 yrs) and time and a half on Sundays
how much hours / wk? before the trials, about 10hrs a week, then it was reduced to 3hrs, now its back to like 15 hrs.

My job is great! The ppl I work with are awesome :D

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
i work at telstra stadium

i get $21 an hr (17yrs old) bout $25 on sundays ;)

and i love it!!!!!!!!!!

stace212

I work at Big W, do wateva they tell me to, get paid a shit $9.76 an hour, did bout 20hrs p/w during skool and now bout 40 p/w.

lucyinthehole

i work in a cafe, meant to be casual, but more like part-time right now. i'm not sure about my wage, esp cos it changes on weekends etc, but for less than 20 hours of work (like 16 or something last week) i get over $200 ($220 or something last week, i can't remember), plus if i'm lucky a whole bunch of tips.

Giant Lobster

HSC
JoyDivision said:
I finished the HSC a week ago from today and im about to sell my soul to the devil - The National Australia Bank - for a year.

I'm a Bank Teller

It's temporary work for a start, then fulltime next year

$22 an hour as a temp, $18 when I go to full time

38 hours a week

I'm also looking at the prospect of working two jobs next year because I got offered some work at Just Jeans too, but its impossible to have two full time jobs. I think Just Jeans would be funner work but the bank pays far better. Plus, Melbourne University have their own National Branch so hopefully once i get to Uni I'd be able to work there....
how do you get hired as a bank teller? wot experience do you need? it pays so good!

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
Ahhh you have an older brother who is assistant manager of the branch youre going to, and a mother who is a business banker pulling some strings. I got my job purely because of who I knew, but doing well in school hasnt hurt either. I havent got any relevant job experience, I dont think there is anything out there quite like working in a bank but if you had done something like Business Studies or Accounting at TAFE or school it would be advantageous. However, because the pay is so good, especially for Temp work, the jobs are in high demand. I'm only speaking from experience with the NAB; but they usually have a recruitment officer for every couple of branches so you could send your resume there through your local branch or lodge an application online.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)