Getting a part-time job (1 Viewer)

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
I've been sending out resumes and applying online for months and months. I can't seem to get any interest only literally anything, not even as much as an interview. Do you have any tips/pointers on ways to stand out and getting something. It is incredibly disheartening to continually be rejected and i am extremely low on confidence. Any help would be appreciated.

StudyToDeath

HSC
Don't give up, keep trying. I was in the same boat as you, I handed out resumes and never heard anything back. Ages after handing out my resumes I finally got a job at a pharmacy.

astroman

HSC
I applied for KFC in january and got a call in december in 2013...

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
Don't give up, keep trying. I was in the same boat as you, I handed out resumes and never heard anything back. Ages after handing out my resumes I finally got a job at a pharmacy.
That's reassuring. Do you have any specific pointers for the period after i've handed out resumes. How long should i wait to call? What should i say?

StudyToDeath

HSC
No, sorry. Generally when you don't hear back it's because they've already found some. However if you called upp, it would look like you are actually committed and motivated for the job. Are you looking for a retail job?

Maybe in the meantime you could do some volunteering work to keep you busy + it looks good on a resume?

Larche

HSC
Just keep trying. If you have no prior work experience then look for anything, ANYTHING. You won't get anywhere being picky.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why not try non-standard jobs?

My first ever job was football referee, and then my second ever job was Maple consultant - i.e. helping first years with the computing component of their first year maffs courses at uni.

None of this retail or maccas crap. And I get better memories out of it, and I actually enjoy my jobs and I love working there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)