• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

getting a transfer (2 Viewers)

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
I hate to spoil your expectations, but do you realise how hard it is to get a job at DFAT (intake is 25 graduates per year).
Everyone needs to have a dream :)

natstar said:
HD's are fucken hard to get. U'd have a to be a genius to get straight HD's
or an Arts student *ducks* no seriously i've seen some good fast talking Arts students get HDs throughout their uni career. When there is no right answer the only marks you can get is for your argument.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
yeah my friend was telling me thats why arts students are not supposed to have final exams. Becuase there is no right answer.
For a business student im finding it a bit hard to see how someone could get straight HD's..
Straight HDs are fairly easy in the qualitative side of business since usually there is no 100% right answer like in Arts, you just have to be able to justify yourself well :) The quantitative I always hated myself and that's where a lot lose their GPAs.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
LeftrightOut said:
That's one of the funny things about universities, they have all these "core" subjects they like you to take that might have nothing at all to do directly with your degree :) But I won't spoil the fun for you, if you get by without having to do any core subjects then good for you. You might just like to double check the subject listing for your chosen degree.

No wait i'm just too nice, here's a direct link to comm/sci at unsw
http://www.unsw.edu.au/virtualHandbook/programs/3529.html
I hope you enjoy your minimum 6 credit points of statistics :D
im aware of the core subjects. i plan to take MATH2901 Higher Theory of Statistics anywayz.

yeah, 2 yrs of damm core maths and commerce subjects

Year 1 Session 1
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1
FINS1612 Capital Markets and Institutions
MATH1151 Mathematics for Actuarial Studies and Finance 1A
COMP1091 Solving Problems with Software

Year 1 Session 2
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1
FINS1613 Business Finance
MATH1251 Mathematics for Actuarial Studies and Finance 1B
MATH1081 Discrete Mathematics

Year 2 Session 1
ACCT1501 Accounting and Financial Management 1A
FINS2624 Portfolio Management
MATH2111 Higher Several Variable Calculus
MATH2901 Higher Theory of Statistics

Year 2 Session 2
ACCT1511 Accounting and Financial Management 1B
FINS3616 International Business Finance
MATH2601 Higher Linear Algebra
MATH2931 Higher Linear Models

the maths is useful...but the commerce subjects r a pain in the arse

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
You don't *have* to do commerce you know :) Economics was the second most failed subject btw :)
Good luck with it all though, it's good to see you have it all planned out, just be prepared if the uni decides to drop things all over the place to realign itself to some new weird philosophy.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Wow ur game. U must love maths....
the strength in maths is that either its right or wrong. there is no room for debate, which is good. that would be inefficient!

btw, any 1st yr actl @unsw thinking of transfering aftre having survived sachi's hard hard hard hard final?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
LeftrightOut said:
You don't *have* to do commerce you know :) Economics was the second most failed subject btw :)
Good luck with it all though, it's good to see you have it all planned out, just be prepared if the uni decides to drop things all over the place to realign itself to some new weird philosophy.
hehe if the uni were to make any changes, they most likely would be in the interests of the faculty of commerce and economics, or the school of maths, as these are two of UNSW's strengths. fyi, unsw's school of maths was ranked 14 in a world index for impact of research findings and was the top non-US and non-European uni on that index. so i know im getting quality maths! =.=

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
I meant more along the lines of not offering certain subjects in certain years or replacing them with different difficulty ones that you will then have to scramble to fit in and finish your degree with. I had a friend at another uni who had his degree pushed out by a year because he failed one subject in first semester of final year and they weren't re-running it until the second semester the next year.

They tried to convince me to take 3 new subjects to finish off under a new structure, would have cost me another 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)