Getting Around At ANU! (1 Viewer)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
ANU is such a massive campus and walking from faculty to faculty is going to be killer with a heavy backpack. Has anyone come up with an innovative way of travelling around?

I'm considering getting a cheap BMX bike (one that no one would bother stealing) and riding around campus. Because the interchange is quite a fair distance I'll probably hire one of those bike compartments at the interchange, so in the morning I may ride to uni and in the evening ride back to the interchange.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Most people seemed to have a bike down there...Oh and if you see a mad lunatic screaming down a path, bellowing cries of terror, heading straight for the creek, swiping several on-lookers, with much paper and confusion flying around the scene- then dont worry. It's just me.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Iron Woman is clearly into her British slapstick.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
So Iron Woman is in fact a member of Monty Pythion going to uni here, for some reason.

The question being which member is IronWoman?

Himezaki

Teh Train Ninja!
HSC
i was thinking car - then i scrapped that idea when i realised parking is an expensive endeavor in canberra despite the low population

seems like bike is gonna be the ONLY answer

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I gotta take a car down anyway so I need to buy a campus parking permit. Fun...

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
It is far if your bag is loaded with books. Maybe you have longer legs or something. But I feel that even without a bag I'll be outta breath when I arrive.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You could just ride to wherever you live. The bus system in Canberra isn't exactly world class, plus the place is pretty small so unless you're at Tuggeranong or Gungahlin you might be faster riding back, and it's more convenient as well. Canberra has a great system of bicycle tracks.

omg_a

HSC
i'm taking a car down-which means buying a parking permit. but living on campus, i'm planning on walking everywhere. it is quite spaced out, but i like walking, and on PEA day it only took me 10 mins to walk from the union court to ursula, and not very speedy walking either. maybe if it becomes annoying i'll get a bike.

Paroissien

HSC
That walk seemed too damn far for me, but I guess I'll have to get used to it. That, or buy a bike

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
yeh i guess i just got used to walking from daley rd all the way into civic on a regular basis and i dont really mind walking. on second thought you are probably better of riding a bike...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
imsooverskool said:
yeh i guess i just got used to walking from daley rd all the way into civic on a regular basis and i dont really mind walking. on second thought you are probably better of riding a bike...
What's Daley to Civic like at some ungodly hour of the morning whilst stumbling? :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Ziff said:
What's Daley to Civic like at some ungodly hour of the morning whilst stumbling? :p
Why would you even walk from the comfort of your college to Civic at such hours?

But then again, Daley to Civic is quite a pain...especially if you've already covered a few kms going to classes during the day.

kenny75

HSC
nightclubs and bars are at civic, you'll find that it's a suprisingly short walk from college to civic

Paroissien

HSC
Why wouldn't you just go to the uni bar? At least for the majority of occaisons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)