Getting band 6 in math? (1 Viewer)

lonelymoon

HSC
For 2U math...
I did ok in my 1st assessment (80%) but i didnt do as well in the second assessment (70%). They both weigh 20%. Just wondering if i could still get a band 6?? I heard ranks are more important?

Silky_Smooth

HSC
Just increase the number of maths problems that you do and I'm sure your grades will improve :D

lonelymoon

HSC
Thanks guys, i will work harder! Aiming for 90+ atar :)

TheBondiTutor

HSC
Uni Grad
You are correct, ranking is import during the HSC. However I wouldn't fret too much as your assignments only make up 50% of your total mark with the remainder made up by the HSC.

As you go through the year you will become better at completing assignments and studying under pressure.

There is a lot of bad / vague advice regarding how to tackle mathematics. Whilst it's true that each person studies differently the one method I have found to work on everyone is practice papers. I recommend you take out last year's HSC and attempt Q1 and Q2, see how you go and run past any issues you have with your teacher (alternatively post them here and we may be able to help you out). Be careful not to be disheartened when doing this as you probably won't be able to complete 80% of the questions at this stage of the HSC year.

Do not doubt yourself, the fact that you are here asking for help means you're on the right track. good luck!

baktiar77

HSC
Yeah dw, I got shit marks in my 2 first assessments (high 60s to low 70s) then pulled up to high 70s and low 80s. My assessment mark was 91 and hsc mark was 92. It wasn't the marks that mattered but I was ranked 15~20/92 which helped. Obviously this all depends on the type of assessments your school sets, just don't worry fam, you got this just do lots of past papers.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
For 2U math...
I did ok in my 1st assessment (80%) but i didnt do as well in the second assessment (70%). They both weigh 20%. Just wondering if i could still get a band 6?? I heard ranks are more important?
lol just make sure your ranks are really strong - marks are usually irrelevant unless you're so close together rank wise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)