Getting Hand Cramps in exams ????? (1 Viewer)

JuniorB

HSC
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone like me gets cramps in their hands from writing too much??

last year at the begging of term 4 we had a study day out our school and the guest speaker said that she had been to a school where all the kids had taped erasers to the tops of their pens.

apparently it strengthens the muscles in your hands so when it come to exams you take the eraser off thusly the pen becomes lighter and apparently no more cramps. im currently trialing this so the first test will be my english paper 2 next term.

I'll keep ya posted on how it goes

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
An interesting philosophy, I guess it could work but then that would mean using the same pen you could try using a heavier pen during normal class work then switch to a lighter pen in exams should work based on the same principle.

We all at some point get cramps in our hands during exams and different people have different ways of dealing with this wether that be take a break, not press down as hard etc.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Meh I got massive cramps in the HSC esp having 4 exams in the first week...but you are so stressed in the exam that you shake your hand and make it write (even if it is illegible)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
JuniorB said:
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone like me gets cramps in their hands from writing too much??

last year at the begging of term 4 we had a study day out our school and the guest speaker said that she had been to a school where all the kids had taped erasers to the tops of their pens.

apparently it strengthens the muscles in your hands so when it come to exams you take the eraser off thusly the pen becomes lighter and apparently no more cramps. im currently trialing this so the first test will be my english paper 2 next term.

I'll keep ya posted on how it goes
I only get cramps in exams if I press to firmly on my pen and the paper. My muscles tense up and I feel the pain. I've been practising writing for long periods and getting used to it to help prevent the cramping from occuring again.

The taping of erasers to the top of the pen sounds like an interesting idea... I'd be interested to see if it actually helps your hand. :)

HSC
hmm i dunno but me i was told to buy good, expensive pens .. so now im really concosuis about my .. pens .. but thats a good idea i might try that too ...

yeah i go with the classic pilot pens.. they haave a grip so yeahh .. i guess it also dpends on the ink if its runny or dry to it will be harder to write ...

i guess thats true with the HSC exams your writing will become messy as you need to write in the given time ..

please keep me updated with the rubber taped on your pen theory

tc

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
My hands don't cramp up, but my arm, especially around the elbow, kills me if I've had a whole slew of exams in a short time. I guess playing piano is good for the fingers, though I might need to do something about the arm....

I_F

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Two things that annoy me in exams:
-writing slow and losing time
-red, sore hands

HSC
brogan77 said:
Are u twins? If so, menage a trois?

woahhhh /?? haha .. no just becasue we have similar user .. not really kiwi .. haha .. doesnt mean we are twins /// does it //?? lolx

HSC
brogan77 said:
I just thought it was odd, that u both have "kiwi" in your usernames, both female, doing HSC 2006 and posting right next to each other.

AND i was having some wishful thinking.
ohhh haha .. i seee... well the other kiwi sounds brighetr than me 3 unit maths ..* drools * wish i could do that *

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
lilkiwicutie89 said:
ohhh haha .. i seee... well the other kiwi sounds brighetr than me 3 unit maths ..* drools * wish i could do that *
lol I don't do 3u maths ..does my profile say that? I must change it then,.. lol I'm not that bright, I actually got kicked out of 3u at the end of yr 11 :rolleyes:
hahahah this is really cool! I have a twin! :) :) :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
gwemma88 said:
i dont know about hand cramps, but does anyone else get blisters on thier fingers?
I don't get blisters because I hold my pen comfortably with very little pressure on any part of my hand. It also might be the way you hold your pen, some positions might be more painful to write in for extended periods of times, namely a 2 or 3 hour exam.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
1/5kiwifruit said:
which types of pens are better? I have a whole stack of those cheapo blue pens that really hurt my hand.. I guess thats what people mean by "what you pay is what you get"
Those blue pens also hurt when you shove them up your birth canal. But stick with it.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
1/5kiwifruit said:
which types of pens are better? I have a whole stack of those cheapo blue pens that really hurt my hand.. I guess thats what people mean by "what you pay is what you get"
What about ones with rubber grips.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
What about ones with rubber grips.
Those are probably more expensive than the average pen, but are comfortable to hold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)