Getting Interviewed at an Investment Bank (1 Viewer)

ND

HSC
I think she wanted him to show his knowledge on their investment style, so research it before. He was going for risk management too.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Doesnt investment style vary between the business groups and managed funds?

ND

HSC
Well the question is very open ended so you could talk about any particular investment strategy (maybe about the risk management principles underlying their investments, considering the position you're going for).

RIZAL

HSC
§eraphim said:
i havent got an email yet :eek:. jasee, did u receive an email too?

Should I have received an email by now? I did my interview on the same day as Isaaq i think

congrats on 2nd round.

what time was your interview? I wonder whether I saw you or not? Were you in a blue suit? I was the guy with black suit/dark lavender shirt/light lavender tie.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
ND said:
Well the question is very open ended so you could talk about any particular investment strategy (maybe about the risk management principles underlying their investments, considering the position you're going for).
isn't there a qualitative and quantitative side to risk management? it's such a broad area. for example, the VaR methods are pretty mathy and are for trading/funds management but credit risk assessment for new credit issues etc depend a lot on judgement. I'm just having a little trouble knowing where to start...

I'll probably start reading up on VaR methodology. That's pretty fundamental...rite?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Isaaq said:
congrats on 2nd round.

what time was your interview? I wonder whether I saw you or not? Were you in a blue suit? I was the guy with black suit/dark lavender shirt/light lavender tie.
I did mine at around 3:30pm-ish. i wore a white shirt, red tie and black suit. did you apply for other IBs? I wish I'd applied for UBS >.<....

ND

HSC
Yeh he didn't know where to start either, he asked her whether she wanted anything specific and she just asked him to tell her what he knew. Just choose something to talk about i guess. (sure beats those "Describe a situation where you..." questions)

I'm not sure how much of the interview is based on this subject though.

Last edited:

ND

HSC
Had my interview with Tillinghast today, it was okay but i dodged some of the questions and fucked up something else. Not too hopeful about getting the job.

You guys interviewing anywhere else?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
r u an actuarial student? should non-penultimate yr students apply?

ND

HSC
Yep i'm actuarial and 2nd year (doing 4 year double degree). Applications for Tillinghast closed ages ago though.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I had my 2nd interview already. I've got a psychometric test now.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
2nd interview? It was so so, lol. Wasn't as confident as the first one. I answered all the questions though but I was kinda nervous even though I was relaxed before the interview.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
jasee said:
2nd interview? It was so so, lol. Wasn't as confident as the first one. I answered all the questions though but I was kinda nervous even though I was relaxed before the interview.
What did they ask u?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
They just asked me what I knew about the bank and what area I want to work in. Then they just went through my resume (jobs, uni, etc).

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
jasee said:
They just asked me what I knew about the bank and what area I want to work in. Then they just went through my resume (jobs, uni, etc).
So it was basically the same stuff as the 1st interview?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)